Rear license frame

flame

Supporting Member 1
Hi folks
I have a 63 Impala "409" and plan to replace the rear license frame, you know that aluminum section about 2ft. long in the middle. Currently I believe it is mounted wrong. The top section is outside of the bumper mounted with a half dozen black push fasteners and a bolt or two. Actually very secure and not real noticable except to me. In reading my 61 manual they speak of "fasteners" that are removed by squeezing with pliers. My guess is the top portion of the molding goes under the bumper frame (hidden so to speak) and the fasteners are "clipped" in to hold it in place from the outside. Is this correct? How many fasteners do I need? I did see some fasteners in the Classic Ind. book that I think are the correct ones??? Thoughts??
Flame

Old School

Supporting Member 1
Flame: Those are the correct ones. Use them once and that's it.. I don't know about your 63 but my 64 took 11 squeeze fasteners to button it up. There were no bolts or nuts. Only the squeeze fasteners. They are about a buck a piece..

Mick

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
62 clips

Got the 62 Chevy clips from Impala Bobs.

Attachments

• clips.JPG
    clips.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 22

flame

Supporting Member 1
Sweet!

Thanks, Old School & Models916! I will order them tomorrow along with a new frame. Flame