Rear Seat Question

62BillT

Well Known Member
Is the '61 Impala 2-Dr HT (Bubble Top) Rear Seat the same as a '62 2-Dr HT Impala Sport Coupe ?

62BillT

Well Known Member
OK, almost 4 Weeks now, 82 Views, and No Replies, lol.

Anyone out there even have a good guess?

I bought a '61 Bubble Top Rear Seat at a Swap Meet and wondering if it will work in a '62 Sport Coupe. I would test fit it, but I don't have that reasonable opportunity at the present time. :)

Bill

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Lay it low site says 61-64 hardtops are visually different but all fit each other with the arm rest extensions. Sedan is different. 2 dr or 4 dr?

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes the 61' sport coupe rear seat through 1964 are all the same. The only differences are the filler panels on the side of the backrest for the Bubbletop cars are longer.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Lay it low site says 61-64 hardtops are visually different but all fit each other with the arm rest extensions. Sedan is different. 2 dr or 4 dr?
They must be refering to interior patterns, that is the only differences other then the fillers I mentioned above.

62BillT

Well Known Member
Appreciate the replies and glad to see that they are the same.

But now that I think about it, I got another question. I'm familiar with the Seat Fillers being longer on a '61 2-Dr HT, but seeing that the Seat is the same, I'm now wondering why the Seat Fillers are longer? Up till now I believed that the '61 Arm Rest Panels were the same as '62 to '64 Panels ??

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Appreciate the replies and glad to see that they are the same.

But now that I think about it, I got another question. I'm familiar with the Seat Fillers being longer on a '61 2-Dr HT, but seeing that the Seat is the same, I'm now wondering why the Seat Fillers are longer? Up till now I believed that the '61 Arm Rest Panels were the same as '62 to '64 Panels ??
The arm rest fillers are the same but the package shelf sits up higher on the bubble top cars. Look at the belt line on the 62-64, its flat while the 61-62 bubbletop cars it raises up just before the back glass.

Body Filler Primer Driver.jpg Body Bare Metal 6.jpg