Rear suspension

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
On the four link system using coil overs how do you determin the lbs and height of the coil overs?

Also got the following response from Art Morrison suspension that I thought others might like to see

http://www.artmorrison.com/rearclips/tri4bar/index.cfm - lower item
Dear Sir,

It MAY be possible to use our Triangulated 4-Bar Suspension with a 12 Bolt Housing, however the decision will be based on a variety of factors including but not limited to the following:

• Desired overall frame width
• Wheel and Tire Size
• Actual Housing width of the 12 Bolt
• Do you have access to a Rear End Narrowing Jig
• Location of the 4-Bar Brackets on the 12 Bolt Housing. Will they mount to the axle tubes? (It is difficult if not impossible to weld to the “cast center of a 12 bolt housing”).

Remember all of the design and fabrication for mounting and engineering will be up to you.

Because of the complexity of your project and questions you ask it would be best if you call us to discuss your options.

The sway bar is optional but greatly improves the handling in conjunction with our 4-Bar Suspension.

If you have further questions or would like us to help with the selection of components for your specific needs, please give us a call at (800) 929-7188 and ask for Brock Baker at Ext# 221.

Thanks again, for your interest in our products. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

The Morrison Sales Team

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ok so I learned a little from a coil over company:D

Anyone know how much a 60 Chevy weighs on the rear wheels?

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Boy I am just getting to smart:D

I figure, and probably do wrong, that 25% of the weight is on the rear of the car. So depending on what weight you use 3,575-3,675 lbs. I find 918 to 1100 on the rear wheels. Am I close:dunno

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Good Questions !!!!

Tic,

All good questions, wish I could help you with this one. You can come weigh my car if you'd like.

Bill

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
Weight Bias

Tic,
While I can't comment directly on the balance of a '60, I can tell you that the balance on Wully Bully is 51%-49% F-R, which is based on a stock steel body, with only fiberglass hood and bumpers. I think you will be surprised by your actual rear weight if you can scale it.
Steven