Rearend, positraction

Hello
Where kan I find the best source for rearends, diff. and posis?
I need prizes and general info. I have an offer to trade a 3.70 posi for my 3.08 non posi and some cash. The question is how much cash.

Med Vennlig Hilsen
Nilsenpeter63

was not much reaction on this subject. Oh well it doesnt matter ,I have done a trade. My third member (is this correct) against the other third member and some cash. The 3.70-1 member is resently freshend up with new parts.
I has to put up 3000,- Nkr. (aprox. 350$) in cash for it.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
posi

Nilen, you did ok on the trade. Main thing, are YOU happy? If so, it's a GREAT trade.

Fred

well Fred, I recond I am happy with it. The parts costs slitly more on this side of the Atlantic than on your side and I know that I never could have converted my original third member to a posi.tr. for that kind of money.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'd say that was a pretty good deal. It was hard for us to estimate what would be a fair price in your part of the world but that price would be about right around here. Around here a 3:08 open rearend is worth about $25.00 but the posi's usually start at about $400.00

Jim
For every one $ I´ll have to pay at least 2-2,5, and thats cheap.
Freight and taxes + profit to the speedshops you know.
Of course I could import things my self a lot cheaper, but if some parts are the wrong ones it´s a lot simpler to let the shops take the cost. They would probably sell it faster than I ever could also. They do have some customers already.
This is a matter of convinience (did this come out right) and money.
Its been known to happen that its take a lot of time and that the wrong parts arrive from USA. It seems that some of the companys just sends a part insted for the right one, because it such a long way to the customer. It seems that they dont care.
My brother who workes in one of this countrys largest partsupplyer for american cars has dealt with some firms in USA and he meens that many of the people he´s been talking to dont care or dont have the knowledge to do that jobb. Other times the owner must be careless to. No reply to faxes for several times as an example.
But this doesnt go for all of course, most of the companys they deal with are ok.
What comes to mind is that the marked over her is a realy small one in compared to USA.
In a total of 4 million people in Norway not all of them do have the interest in american cars.
99% of the regular guy does not drive a real car. There are som vans and pick ups that are popular. A few passenger cars are sold.
I hope I didnt "make up" to many words and you can understand my english. It is not every day I do so long replys you know.

Your English is great, Nilsen !.... and I bet MANY times better than our Norweigen ( did I say THAT right:confused: :D ).

I know what you're saying about the suppliers.... their response is always... "Well, just send it back to us, and we'll send you the right one"...
OK:rolleyes: !
When the shipping costs more than the part:cuss !

As for prices.... Jim NAILED IT EXACTLY !

Your english is superb CDNpontiac409guy, so Stick to it!
Let me handle the norwegian and the swedish language. They are very related so it isnt hard. And my town, Halden is at the border to Sweden so....

Then a car question again. What is the best modification I can do to the rearend? Such as to get the best traction, avoid wheel hop and not break this original rearend. How much power can it really stand?
This has probably been asked before but instead of surching for it I´ll do it the easy way. ask again.

There is not much more to say CDNpontiac409guy! I´ll rest my case.
But, there allways a but, what about getting custom made axsels that still have the 17 splines, but with a greater strenght?
No getting narrower at the middle and other mods. that can be done within the limits such an axsle has.

As described to me by Andy at Moser Axles.... A replacement axle with the same 17 splines, will be only 12-18 % stronger than the factory axle.
Not really worth the expense unless you really are walking that fine line.
And again, the axles are pretty much the last up-grade you will need. Control arm bracket, bearing caps, and housing web are things that should be done first.

tmracing62
Your swedish writing is perfect exsept for an å in "Tack så mycket", but that is an letter you dont use or even know so its perfect.

If you ever heading this way, let me know.
I do think there are some other members from scandinavia here to or was that in some of the earlyer forums? maybe we can get together all of us?
Ok the best time for a travel to scandinavia are under the summer time when the cars are out and there are carmeetings every weekend.
In August our car club Street & Cruisin Club Halden arr. a fairly big car meet in our town Halden.
You can go to the web adress www.halden-amcar.no to our own site.
It will not make much sense to you of course, but if you feel like it your welcome.
Its a nice picture there taken from down town at the cruisin nite before our meeting. Fredriksten festning lays wachting over the town in the background. T
he fortress are actually mention in our national anthem and it is a tourist magnet. The car meet are held inside the fortress and draws about 650 to 700 enthusiast cars from Norway and Sweden.
This was a little beside "general car talk" but I hope you can forgive me.
We are very proud of our town so we take all oppurtunetys we have to talk about it.