Rebuild kits

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
If your not going to race it, or high rpm, a cast piston should do fine. Compression around 9.5 and whatever cam Don Jacks recommends! What heads, intake, and carb or carbs are you planning?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I suggest Show-Cars.You can get a kit with everything that you'll need and they'll let you substitute parts like forged pistons for the cast pistons for the stock stroke engines.You can also substitute the stock replacement[door prop] cams for something more suitable for your project.I think that a kit that in the case of a stock stroke 348,would use the K-B Icon forgings for a 10-5-1 compression,and a part number 095o cam along with an Edelbrock Performer RPM single 4bbl. intake manifold .The carb ,in my opinion,should be the new Street Demon 625 cfm ,or the 650 AVS from Edelbrock.In your Beaumont[Chevelle] you're going to have to make,or have made,a set of headers anyway.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
With the exception of the lobe separation and centerline differences ,the cam in your 550 hp.blown 380 is an 0950 spec'd cam.This cam makes great low-mid range power for a cruiser,isn't bad on fuel,and has a little of the attitude at an idle.What's not to like?It's also the largest cam that you can use on the 9.5-1 cast pistons without machining the pistons for piston/valve clearance.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Wow you guys know your stuff, I came to the right place
This is the right place for a lot of things.
348-409 information
Sneaker photos
How to shoot a refrigerator
How to catch and cook fish
Marital advice
How to sneak into Texas and pick up 409s without the locals knowing
And a lot of other things as well
Hardest decision is deciding who is telling fibs :D

Steve