Relocation oil filter.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Got ahold of Canton Racing products, they said they don't make a filter adapter for the 409. What are you guys using, give part numbers.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Should be the same as small block big block that would of had a canister filter not the spin on.
Not sure what year they changed to the spin on filter.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Should be the same as small block big block that would of had a canister filter not the spin on.
Not sure what year they changed to the spin on filter.
I've a hunch this guy doesn't know his own game well enough but it is what it is, still can't get one from this guy unless I have part #'s. I'm pretty sure I can get one somewhere, I have to use one. Headers are in the way, period! I even sent him pictures with measurements, still no.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
The first year for the spin-on filter for the Chev V8 was 1968 ,and James is right,the adapter would be the same.The Summit kit for relocating kit SUM-G4985-1 along with your existing adapter .

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
You could use a spin on adapter and then whatever remote adapter that works with that.
That's what tee's me off about this guy at Canton Racing, I gave him pictures and told him I have the spin on adapter and he still draws a blank! I hate it when someone doesn't know their own product. Think of the sales they're losing. I'll bet they have what I need.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Some people are easily confused. If you know the thread and gasket diameter you should be able to get it even if they don't "get it".

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I researched this like never before and found the perfect solution for me. A company based in Canada solved my problem. Beautiful billet pieces with a nice satin Finnish. I will be using a two quart racing filter with 1/2" braided steel lines. I've been meaning to take care of this problem since I put the Jardine headers on.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Ray you have it right on #10 AN being 1/2 inch.
I think #12 AN being 3/4 would come closer to matching the size of the hole in the center of your oil filter.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
The factory cooler lines on the pick ups are about 10,and they don't give any trouble as far as pressure loss or quantity of flow is concerened.