Remember These?

Bubpster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Old Stations

Cecil

Thanks for the pics. I had not seen them. A friend of mine and I went to Oakland several months back and completely disassembled a station. It was from Pacific Steel in L.A. They made most of the stations in California in the 20's and 30's. We plan to reassemble it next year here in Bakersfield. I will attempt to attach a few pics. Thanks again. Dennis

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Clay City Kentucky

When we had our 409 get together in Kentucky,Fatride and Marica took me and Sue for a Cruise in the Kentucky hills.We found this Ashland gas station,Grocery store and Restaurant :doh

Picture059.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
image035.jpg

This one from the page Cecil posted is in Elkton MD and still in use. Currently called "The Ranger Station". I don't think there are pumps out front now though.

348stroker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Kentucky hills Restaurant

When we had our 409 get together in Kentucky,Fatride and Marica took me and Sue for a Cruise in the Kentucky hills.We found this Ashland gas station,Grocery store and Restaurant :doh

Picture059.jpg

Picture058.jpg

I hope it has a drive up window I certainly would not sit down inside and wait for a meal.:roll :roll :roll

Don

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice Cecil: Now if we could only go back to those days and the prices:brow

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
There were a lot of those metal stations around here, and I've always thought it would be cool to set one up somewhere...bubpster, give us a yell when you get it done, I'd like to drive down to see it.

Bubpster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Boxer

I will let you know. My friend is more GTO than chevy. He is all about cars however. He has drawings at an engineer's office right now. It will be on a 2 acre site where he lives. He plans additional metal buildings around the station to complement each other. He even found off the internet, original brochure from Pacific Steel of the different models they offered in the 20's. His exact station is in it. We took about 20 pics during the disassembly. E-mail me if interested in the pics. drbubp@hotmail.com Dennis

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
The shell station 27th down from the top is just around the cornrer from where I work. People with old classic cars taking picts all the time.:)

GMC_DUDE

Yeah I remember some of the newer ones with the electric pumps. Cool thing about them was they always had a glass bowl with some kind of whirlygig that would spin or tumble to show the gas was flowing (I guess). I used to get a kick out of watching them when I was a kid. OK OK so I was easily entertained!! :roll:roll:roll