Remember these???

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I was feeling kind of nostalgic about all the fun things you used to be able to do before we all got caught up in technology and computers and MP3s and DVDs etc...

do you remember these intermission films at the drive in theaters?
I saw these in the late 80's and early 90's leftovers from the 50's and 60's.
We used to get about 30-50 people together to go to the Drive-in and hang out.
All the near by ones are now closed or gone completely.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Still have one nearby

We still have that remnant from the past, a Drive-In, nearby (30 minutes). Once a year I get 4-5 couples together and we drive out early in oldies cars and park together. This year I'll be taking the '62. Funny thing, my wife liked them back 30 years ago, but not now. Must be the insects, she's a bug magnet :).

It doesn't matter what's on the screen, the fun is in the cruise, in showing our cars to the local folks there, and some good family fun. Driving back home at midnight with the windows down is a lot of fun also :).

Cheers,
TomK

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
bing-go

Tom, Do you still play "back seat bing-go" when you go to the drive in????:roll:roll

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Not lately...

I haven't made out in a car since (I better not say...)....

I do have fond memories of good times from the late 60s. Best back seat was my 1964 Pontiac GTO. Worst was a 1965 VW bug.

The current Mrs. doesn't like the car scene much. We've been married for 30 years now, and there were no pretenses of her ever thinking of a car as anything other than as a mode of transportation. I think of them as art. And of course, there's the nostalgia angle!

I generally go for rides by myself. That way I can lead foot it without anyone complaining :). And there's no one in the back seat fooling around...

Cheers,
TomK

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm with you droptop:beerbang Good times at the drive in. There used to be about four of them here on Long Island but there all gone now:cry. Best memory was going with my 56 Nomad. We would park all the way in the back filp open the gate and glass pull out the barbi and cook up some dogs and burgers and crack open some coldies:cool: They got nothing today, a Time machine thats what we need:cheers Ken

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I miss my friends '40 F++d 2 door sedan.:eek: That thing could bring 6 guys and girls to the "Shirley Drive-In with a trunk full of long neck Buds.:D What Movie ?:crazy:cool::cheers

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Remember these

I haven't made out in a car since (I better not say...)....

I do have fond memories of good times from the late 60s. Best back seat was my 1964 Pontiac GTO. Worst was a 1965 VW bug.

The current Mrs. doesn't like the car scene much. We've been married for 30 years now, and there were no pretenses of her ever thinking of a car as anything other than as a mode of transportation. I think of them as art. And of course, there's the nostalgia angle!

I generally go for rides by myself. That way I can lead foot it without anyone complaining :). And there's no one in the back seat fooling around...

Cheers,
TomK

Tom,
Didn't need the back seat in 1963, because my 1962 Impala 327 had the 6-way power bench seat.

I drove more 4-speed because all my friends wanted to use it Sat-night at the drive-in.

Dave

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
"Back Seat Bingo" H-m-m-m, I wonder how many of us, over 60, could get in and out of the back seat, without looking like a pretzel.:doh:roll:roll