Resurecting a dead Impala

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ok, we had the discussion about saving some of these cars, Phil I think based on the pictures your convertible could be saved. This guy seems to have done this in a fairly short time so you should be able to have yours ready for Norwalk next summer.:roll :roll :roll

Dqwar, did you find the guides you need, if not let me know and I will find the number for a guy in PA that will probably have them.

Bill

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Wow!
That is amazing. I would have barely considered that thing a parts car.
I hope to follow that thread. I have no doubt that will be a really nice car in the end.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That was amazing !! I will never complain again about dipping into the bondo bucket. I hope that guy wins awards with that car. He deserves it. Thumbs up to him for the patience and talent needed to do that. :bow :bow

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
MAN,,, You east coast restoration guys are NUTS !!!!!

That guy sure has some balls even to attempt a resto like that.
I give him the body man of the year award !!!

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What DQ said......:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap ....

I've definitly will be following this guys thread....Some weekend project

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
dq, That car is one of those " low rust Texas cars" , you hear about . Only 100 miles from me. Might have to drive over there next spring and check it out. :)

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That guy is doing a great job. Thanks for posting that dgwar. I am going to continue to follow that thread. I hope he wins awards as well. Did you guys see all of the other pics he posted of the cars that either he or his buddies have? Amazing.

Yeah He's Doing An Amazing Job, I Know Tony, He's From Texas. I Remember When He First Found The Car About 2-3 Years Ago And He Turned It Down, BUT After Not Being Able To Find A 61 Conv. In His Price Range He Bought That Conv. It's Came Along Way, Very Talented Guy.

dgwar

Well Known Member
Ok, we had the discussion about saving some of these cars, Phil I think based on the pictures your convertible could be saved. This guy seems to have done this in a fairly short time so you should be able to have yours ready for Norwalk next summer.:roll :roll :roll

Dqwar, did you find the guides you need, if not let me know and I will find the number for a guy in PA that will probably have them.

Bill

I still need the rear window guides ...curved ones at the rear of the back doors...4 door hard top...no post.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have to ask.
Do you married guys doing these projects have prenuptial agreements:dunno
Or do your wives like you elsewhere already:roll

gbafus

Well Known Member
I have to ask.
At least when your out in the garage working on the Chev, The Mrs. can keep an eye on you, unlike if your "out with the boys"at the tavern:nono1: . Well.....unless she goes out with y'all:cheers

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have to ask.

Honey, Can you hand me the grinder...Ok hold that end there...No that end... Ok tack that in:roll :roll :roll

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Man, I thought I replaced a lot of sheet metal on my car! I bought some interior stuff from Tony earlier this year, he lives in Krum, TX. He has a huge Ford truck! (I used to be into that when I lived in Virgina Beach, Va.)

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Tools?

NEVER, ask the wife to hand you a power tool, if she's already pi$$ed off, at you.:nono1:You could end up a p*nile plegic. :roll :roll

SonOfThomp

Well Known Member
MAN,,, You east coast restoration guys are NUTS !!!!!

That guy sure has some balls even to attempt a resto like that.
I give him the body man of the year award !!!

EAST coast? The guy doing the resto is from Where I Growed Up, Denton, Texas.
Madness - that project looks more like SCULPTURE than it does restoration.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I needed a couple of beer just to look at those pictures. Not many people would tackle that job.

If any of you are up to the challenge, I have one near here for you to tackle.

248985925.jpg

:roll