Rich Kopanski

cheap1

Supporting Member 1
Hey Guys, I spoke with Gloria Kopanski (Rich's wife) last night, and Rich is in the hospital with two aneurysms on his heart. He goes in for surgery tomorrow. Please keep his family in your prayers.

For those of you who don't know Rich, he is a 409 guy through and through. He has had over 20 409 cars and several of them in magazines. He is an old school racer who is very knowledgeable and is a real assett to the hobby.

I will update as I get more information.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That's terrible!!! Known Rich for over 20 years. He was at the convention here in KC and at Thompson in 2010.

cheap1

Supporting Member 1
I have some terrible news. Rich passed away last night due to the complexity of his surgery. Not only was Rich a great friend, he was also a wealth of knowledge and was always willing to share what he knew. The hobby and the 409 community has suffered a great loss with his passing. He had more stories than anyone could imagine. He was good friends and crewed with the late Barber John and is still good friends with Wes Weslowski (Raggamuffin). Those of you that had the pleasure of knowing him cannot argue the fact that he knew the 409 cars as good as anyone. I will miss him as a friend and mentor.

I will post the arrangment information as soon as I get it.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm truly sorry to hear that. May he rest in peace,and best wishes for his family.Don

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm stunned!! Rich was one of us and really knew his cars. This is really, really sad. Please post the funeral info.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I've known Rich since about 1966. Very sorry to hear of his passing. Prayer's for him, and his wife, Gloria.
Lot's of memories.

de31168

Well Known Member
32003_1211743633745_1833392996_463806_1265455_n.jpg

Godspeed Rich