RIP K9Hotrodder

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just to Let you all know that my long time friend, 46-47 years Butch Keegan, K9Hotrodder on this site has passed away. Butch had been battling emphysema for many years. About a week ago his kidneys shut down and he passed yesterday. I’ll get more details on Thursday at the wake. Butch was not only a good guy but a great friend, drag racer, hot rodder, partier, I meet Butch in the mid 70s when he was the president of the Long Island Chevy owners association and I was the president of the Long Island Rod and Custom association. Our two clubs would collaborate on many projects together Race days, Car Shows, swap meets, cruise nights, parties, drive in movie nights, concerts, awesome Christmas parties, etc. Some of the best days of my life. I would eventually join the Chevy owners association and the good times just accelerated from there. Butch would throw a 4th of July party every year that lasted for two days, two kegs floating and many beer runs, bands, and lots of friends, he had a large yard with a car corral filled with cars/hot rods. Beyond the back yard was a corn field that the owner would let us use to shoot off fire works. In the morning the field looked like a bomb went off. We would pick up the bodies, a bloody Mary and it was on again. sorry for the rant he will be missed.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Wow, i never expected that. Lynette and i met Butch and Ginny at Great Bend 348-409 convention.
We had some great conversations about many different things including cars, racing, family and friends.
He was an amazing person and i think of him as a good friend still. kept in touch through emails but not as much as i should.
RIP K9 Hotrodder. god speed in your 348 powered 57.

Steve

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Another crazy memory of my friend Butch: and yes he was a great guy. And we had more good times together than most I think deserve. Mixed in to all the other crazy things I listed we had an extra curricular activity called slut night and we were the slut club. There was about a dozen of us guys from the main club that would get together once a month and go tity bar hopping, With the permission of the wife’s. the wife’s would take turns and drop us off and then when we were done at 2-3-4 in the morning would come and pick use up so we weren’t driving. This one time we were in this one particular club and we got a little too rowdy and got kicked out. so here we are sitting on the curb in front of the club drunk and stupid waiting for our pickup. Here come Giny to pick us up and as she dropped us off she would say “ Oh the lights are off not getting any tonight “

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Very sorry, to hear this.:( Butch was a Great person. Did not know him personally, but we talked on this web site often. Butch always remembered peoples Birthdays.:good He was going through, some serious health problems. Last he told me, he was OK. RIP Butch.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
RIP BUTCH. Butch was a very active club member here for many years!!! His humor was outstanding!!
Hate to hear of his passing. Yes Butch and Ginny were at the last race at Great Bend. Glad they made the trip.....because a lot of us got to meet them!!!!!

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hi Y'all. This is John, "Son of a Butch."

If you are looking for details or a way to share memories and gifts of condolence, here is the funeral home announcement.

Viewing will be this Thursday at

Michael J. Grant funeral homes

3640 NY-112, Coram, NY 11727

(631) 696-0909

He spoke highly of you all, and I know he made some real and meaningful friendships here. Thank you all for being there for him, and for helping to keep his hopes alive. I suppose if falls to me to finish the builds on the 348 1957 Chevy, and the 348 61 Bel Air. I may be here to lean on you as my father did.

This profile will be going dark, as Dad begins to "Race In Peace."