Road trip

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So far it has been a good trip carcraft is done we got 20 runs down the 1/4 with the s10 without any issues. Not any spectacular times but did get .5 better just by playing with the tune.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Besides the heat it was a good time. I think it was only around 1/4 the cars and vendors as I'm used to when it was in MN. The hospitality down there was just awesome compared to what I'm used to around here it made me not want to leave! Pretty sure I have my friend Joey who owns the s10 addicted now to drag racing. He is already looking for ways to make it faster with the current engine trans combo. The little truck did great 1700 miles 20 runs down the 1/4 and never missed a beat!

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We put in 3.55 gears they are my favorite for all around usage. Ran a best of 14.3 at 97mph. Like I say not spectacular but gotta start somewhere. Did get about 20mpg with it though. Part of it is he needs tires that will grip has to roll into it off the line or it just spins.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
We put in 3.55 gears they are my favorite for all around usage. Ran a best of 14.3 at 97mph. Like I say not spectacular but gotta start somewhere. Did get about 20mpg with it though. Part of it is he needs tires that will grip has to roll into it off the line or it just spins.
A decent set of drag radials will put him in the mid-13's or better.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree Don and we are looking for some that will be the next upgrade for it then probably a cam to wake it up.
James it might be a year or 2 yet but it would be fun to meet and play on the track. Now I'm just having a hard time deciding what engine to build blown 380 or 474 stroker? Think I need another 62 so I can have both at the same time!

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I agree Don and we are looking for some that will be the next upgrade for it then probably a cam to wake it up.
James it might be a year or 2 yet but it would be fun to meet and play on the track. Now I'm just having a hard time deciding what engine to build blown 380 or 474 stroker? Think I need another 62 so I can have both at the same time!
That's easy......a blown 474 :appl

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
If you're going the street 380 route,check out MHRP's blown 380.It was designed as a street motor with ported 333's,a hyd.flat tappet cam[218-224@.o50,113 lobe separation,109 centerline,.517 in.,.525ex.lift],just under 8-1 compression.it made about 550 hp at just under 6,ooo,a little over 550 ft.lbs at around 42oo,on 7 lbs.of boost.It will run on 93 octane.That's enough to :burnoutin all gears,break a few driveline parts,and be FUN in general.