ROCK N RACE 2021 July 30-AUGUST 1st $3,000 IN PRIZE MONEY!!!

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
We want to say Thanks to Bryan for organizing our class and sponsors.

Thanks to Loreen and her crew for the great spread on Saturday.

Thanks to all the great 348-409 guys and gals for the great friendship and camaraderie.

A huge Thanks to Bob Walla and Tom Kowal. You guys did a huge one for me.

And also Thanks to Ken Walsh and Philip Moyer for the great fun runs we had! That margin I had over Ken on Saturday first round was .0126. Couldn't have had much more fun than that!

And also Thanks to Carl for putting his grandson Philip in his car. What a thrill for our entire family to watch me get to run down the track next to my son!

On that note, Philip ran a 9.79 in his first ever pass in the car, with a brand new engine combination with a single four barrel carb. Followed it up with a 9.65 at almost 138 mph. Too bad we had something go wrong on Saturday that forced Carl to load it early.

I ran between 10.16 and 10.26 all weekend, except one early lift and one bad pass. As always, Wully Bully made us proud at 3700lbs!

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wow! what a great 11 day’s on the road from Texas to Iowa and on to Ohio. Made a stop at Dave and Mary Coots place for a couple of days to visit and to help out with getting his car going but it just wasn’t in the cards. Daves place is beautiful and the shop is perfectly setup for the gearhead. Thanks Dave for a great couple of days. Took the scenic route to Dragway 42 and it was beautiful! Never seen so much corn and soy beans but such pretty landscapes. First and foremost Congratulations to Valerie and Jim for there Epic win to defend for the Lonnie. The Lady knows how to get it done!!! Big thanks to Race Promoter Bryan for his efforts in putting this great race together. I got to meet some new people this year and put the faces with the names. Thanks to Loreen and the ladys for the great dinner as it always is. Condolences to Ray, Carl, and anyone else that had mechanical issues at this race. I look forward to next year Good Lord willin!!!!:)

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Congratulations to all the winners & everyone that attended the event. Looks as if you had a fabulous time. Wasn't in the cards for me to attend but maybe next year. I was only 2 days away when in Iowa but just couldn't fit it into the schedule. Hopefully next year. Take care and looking forward to many more 409 events. I have been in contact with Pacific Raceway in Kent, WA & they are starting to plan an event for next year in which they are hoping to include 409 cars. Their contact person will keep me informed & I will post more info as I receive it. Thanks.

Joel

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Mike Steele and Laura took on all comers in bags. Finally, on the third day of kicking everyone's butt they lost. Tonto hired a couple of paid ringers from Scott Hall Racing Team, Jack and Ole to finally win a game.:winner

Last edited:

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
What a Great time, the weather cooperated and the 409 group put on a fabulous show. If you didn't have a good time you must have never
had one. Thanks to Bryan and everyone who came. Thanks to Loreen and the girls for the fantastic cuisine. Congratulations to the winners
and all the participants. Hope we can do it again next year.

Silent Sam

Supporting Member 1
Another great event at dragway 42. Congratulations to Valerie & Jim and to Caroline who won the heads-up class.
Thanks to the girls for the excellent Saturday night dinner and to Bryan for organizing the event.
It's always a good time hanging out with the group and doing some racing.
Tom (The Boogeyman) Geib

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I’ve started to write this three different times, but every time I have it’s been too long winded and probably something the majority of you don’t care to read. I’ve wanted to attend major events in the past and had not been able to for whatever reason, family, job, funding...... but I made it a point that this time I was going to attend ........absolute best decision I’ve ever made..... I enjoyed myself thoroughly, It was the first vacation I have allowed myself to take in more than 20 years ......and I wouldn’t of done anything different in hindsight.......It was a pleasure putting a face to a name or to an avatar of the guys that I’ve been communicating with for years.... on Bob’s fantastic website ..Thank you Bob..... I had been to great Lakes dragway one time approximately six years ago, to a much smaller group that were attending in Wisconsin ...........so I was able to reacquaint myself with the guys that I had previously met there ...... but obviously this the event was much larger, and there were many people I had never met before...they were all welcoming, willing to share information and very down to earth .....even though I wasn’t racing a car...... I did not feel out of place .... i’m going to leave out many names I’m sure of people who I met but I wanted to extend my gratitude and say thank you to Barry who I’ve bought parts from in the past he transported more for me and brought them and saved me shipping . I had spoken to Barry on the phone several times before and had really look forward to meeting him ..... I finally got to meet Denny Ford in person who I had spoke with several times on the phone and also another member I was wanting to meet in person .....phenomenal person down to earth and knows his shit .. it was great talking to you Denny......That’s what I found so impressive is the wealth of knowledge that was there...... Dave Mills in his killer Chevy two, I hope I didn’t ask too many questions.... thank you ..... and for the mystery motor too....To one of the most personable people I’ve ever met....Ricky, He treats and talks to you like he’s known you for years... a standup guy, it was great to meet you .... Bryan Fugate, awesome to meet you and I can’t say thank you enough for having organize this event making it possible for me to attend, Carl Buck, Wes and Dave, Tom, Bo, Shan.....Mr 409, Ken Walsh...Brian LaBombard, Valerie McCombs who I had seen in the staging lanes,” way before the finals and as I was taking her picture .....I told her “I’ll make ya famous”( A line from young guns )she didn’t need me ....Coots, Scott, Tonto.....Scott Hall, Who brought the missing member”but never forgotten “ tribute car..... Lonnie Hall’s beautiful 1960......An awesome tribute to the relationship that Scott and Lonnie possess.....Thank you so much for the window decal Scott, I will be proud to display it on my 63....To the many others that I didn’t get enough time or spend enough time talking with and meeting Bob, Tom” boogeyman”,Mark Steele and his son....I know there’s many others and I apologize also a huge thank you for the best picnic of the summer and a wonderful dinner on Saturday evening Loreen and the girls .......thank you very much.....Thank you everyone

Last edited: