ROCK N RACE 2021 July 30-AUGUST 1st $3,000 IN PRIZE MONEY!!!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I’ve started to write this three different times, but every time I have it’s been too long winded and probably something the majority of you don’t care to read. I’ve wanted to attend major events in the past and had not been able to for whatever reason, family, job, funding...... but I made it a point that this time I was going to attend ........absolute best decision I’ve ever made..... I enjoyed myself thoroughly, It was the first vacation I have allowed myself to take in more than 20 years ......and I wouldn’t of done anything different in hindsight.......It was a pleasure putting a face to a name or to an avatar of the guys that I’ve been communicating with for years.... on Bob’s fantastic website ..Thank you Bob..... I had been to great Lakes dragway one time approximately six years ago, to a much smaller group that were attending in Wisconsin ...........so I was able to reacquaint myself with the guys that I had previously met there ...... but obviously this the event was much larger, and there were many people I had never met before...they were all welcoming, willing to share information and very down to earth .....even though I wasn’t racing a car...... I did not feel out of place .... i’m going to leave out many names I’m sure of people who I met but I wanted to extend my gratitude and say thank you to Barry who I’ve bought parts from in the past he transported more for me and brought them and saved me shipping . I had spoken to Barry on the phone several times before and had really look forward to meeting him ..... I finally got to meet Denny Ford in person who I had spoke with several times on the phone and also another member I was wanting to meet in person .....phenomenal person down to earth and knows his shit .. it was great talking to you Denny......That’s what I found so impressive is the wealth of knowledge that was there...... Dave Mills in his killer Chevy two, I hope I didn’t ask too many questions.... thank you ..... and for the mystery motor too....To one of the most personable people I’ve ever met....Ricky, He treats and talks to you like he’s known you for years... a standup guy, it was great to meet you .... Bryan Fugate, awesome to meet you and I can’t say thank you enough for having organize this event making it possible for me to attend, Carl Buck, Wes and Dave, Tom, Bo, Shan.....Mr 409, Ken Walsh...Brian LaBombard, Valerie McCombs who I had seen in the staging lanes,” way before the finals and as I was taking her picture .....I told her “I’ll make ya famous”( A line from young guns )she didn’t need me ....Coots, Scott, Tonto.....Scott Hall, Who brought the missing member”but never forgotten “ tribute car..... Lonnie Hall’s beautiful 1960......An awesome tribute to the relationship that Scott and Lonnie possess.....Thank you so much for the window decal Scott, I will be proud to display it on my 63....To the many others that I didn’t get enough time or spend enough time talking with and meeting Bob, Tom” boogeyman”,Mark Steele and his son....I know there’s many others and I apologize also a huge thank you for the best picnic of the summer and a wonderful dinner on Saturday evening Loreen and the girls .......thank you very much.....Thank you everyone

Keith, I know exactly what you are talking about and you are certainly one lucky man for sure to have been able to have spent time with this special crew.

In 2016 I had the great pleasure of being able to attend the 2016 Hot Rod Reunion at Beach Bend Kentucky and met up with a good number of these awesome people and it truly made my whole trip to the states very special.

Last year it was planned and booked for us to attend the Rock N Race meet, but some unwanted virus hit the planet and threw all plans in to disarray and all was cancelled. The way things are going, it may not be until 2023 until we are back now and boy I CAN'T WAIT.

At the reunion at certain Fathead Racing person had the biggest heart (or serious lack of judgement :laugh) and gave me the keys to his wicked 60 for a few laps around the grounds. Thanks Ray, this will always be a fond memory.

IMG_1360.jpg

Gav

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
My apologies to the good friends I have at the Rock&Race that i did not get to talk to or see. I can not hide the fact anymore that I am having major problems with what my doctors at the VA say are symptoms of acute reactions to exposure to Agent Orange. I spent years saying and believing that this was all bullshit in spite of the fact that I was on a firebase that was actively spraying a two mile perimeter while I was there. I am being treated for nerve damage that has been linked to Agent Orange directly. Im not looking for sympathy and would do it all again for the country that I grew up in and love with all my heart. I will try and attend future events but may not be able to do the work that is required to bring my car. You are my family, I love you all.

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My apologies to the good friends I have at the Rock&Race that i did not get to talk to or see. I can not hide the fact anymore that I am having major problems with what my doctors at the VA say are symptoms of acute reactions to exposure to Agent Orange. I spent years saying and believing that this was all bullshit in spite of the fact that I was on a firebase that was actively spraying a two mile perimeter while I was there. I am being treated for nerve damage that has been linked to Agent Orange directly. Im not looking for sympathy and would do it all again for the country that I grew up in and love with all my heart. I will try and attend future events but may not be able to do the work that is required to bring my car. You are my family, I love you all.
Thank you for your service! Sorry for the problems you are having.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

Sorry to hear mate, thoughts are with you brother. :pray

Gav

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I am sorry to hear of your problems but Love your attitude, that was a terrible thing that happened to many Heroes. Thank You for your service Ray its people like you we have to thank for this Great country, hope to meet up with you someday at a 348-409 event.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So the good news is Keith sent me a bunch of videos, I will be downloading videos as soon as possible. This is a Hurry up and wait project. Here’s the first video that I have downloaded and there will be more to come. Thanks Keith I’m sure everyone will enjoy the videos as soon as I can get them all posted. If I live that long:confused:juggle:facepalm
Here’s another one only took 45 min on this to load.

Last edited: