Roller rocker arm installation

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I had purchased Scorpion rollers from Curt Harvey for my 348 tri power some time ago but found that i needed spacers for the valve covers. An earlier post cleared that up. Seems that when I went to do final measurements I discovered that there wasn't sufficient threads left on the studs to adjust the rocker. Called Curt and he went way over my head real quick. It appears that I could put studs in but the engine is finished and in the frame. I don't want to tear it apart at this point. Curt suggested cutting the push rods. I only have two threads showing and I need at least seven ( I think) so that would be a lot shorter push rod. Not comfortable with this.....anyone got any ideas? I'm about to can the rollers and run stamped rockers so that I can get on with this project. :?

not knowing your cam specs and valve spring psi's and rates, I would suggest you determine if the roller rockers are necessary, if not I would use factory rockers before screwing up valvetrain geometry.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Rockers,

I see no need for roller rockers on a street driven car that sees an occasional pass down the strip, I agree that a performance rocker is a better choice tho. That,s why I run the Comp Cams Magnum roller tip BB rocker. Removeing the heads on an engine that is in the frame is not a hard job. If you want to retain the rollers I would pull the heads remove the stock rocker studs and replace them with the needed studs, I would go a step farther and replace the studs with ARP 7/16", return the 3/8" rockers and step up to the bigger stud rockers or the roller tips!