Room to work

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Just come on down and Tom and I will but you in the seat of the BA 409 that should give you a hoot.

Are you in Louisiana?? Bought my '64 SS from a guy who lived there near the Texas border. Always wanted to tour the deep South. Are you far from where Bonnie and Clyde were killed?? Thanks, Carmine.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What about this as a possibility - instead of two 500+ cfm carbs, would two carbs with much less cfm still get the job done?
I don't know much about what's available, but what about two carbs in the 350 - 400 cfm range? :dunno2
Just thought I'd throw this out there.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Are you in Louisiana?? Bought my '64 SS from a guy who lived there near the Texas border. Always wanted to tour the deep South. Are you far from where Bonnie and Clyde were killed?? Thanks, Carmine.
No I am in Mo just south of Ashland Mo but you are more than welcome to tour this great Show Me State and we will let you hammer the guts out of this ol girl.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
No I am in Mo just south of Ashland Mo but you are more than welcome to tour this great Show Me State and we will let you hammer the guts out of this ol girl.
I was in St. Louis one. Saw the arch. Interesting area. On my way to Kansas. Thanx for the invite, Carmine.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Any time.
My uncle (on my dads side) worked for the insurance company that did the underwriting on that project.
He had the job of going up that thing when it was going up to inspect it.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I remember CarbKing (out of Eldon, MO?) from the ChevyTalk forum mention that in dual quad setups, you can estimate total CFM by multiplying 1.5 times the average of the two carbs. At least that's what I remember....

So if you had a pair of 500 CFMs, you would be approximately 750 CFM

A pair of 600s would likewise be 900 CFM total.

TomK