Running Good!

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Rolls down the road just like new...except a wee bit more power :D
IMAGE_134.jpg

IMAGE_132.jpg

IMAGE_133.jpg

Took my Mom for a ride as well! All in all a very fun day in the sun! Well 46 degrees of sun anyway!

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Mom's Ride !!!

Took my Mom for a ride as well! All in all a very fun day in the sun! Well 46 degrees of sun anyway!

Tic,

Looking good, and sounding good I'm sure. We are taking Mom for a ride today, maybe Ontario or Emmett. Hope to see you soon. When is the swap meet ? I might get a pit pass and take her for a run down the strip, just for Sht's and Giggles ! :cheers

Bill

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
http://www.firebirdonline.com/index.htm

Opening Test
Day of 2008
March 30, 2008

Spring
Warm Up &
Swap Meet
April 12, 2008

I'll have the rear done well before then so maybe:D Sounds like a fun drive. Emmett is nice I hear right now. I was thinking of a Black Canyon run there in a week or so. Long as there's no snow up on the hills to fall on me:eek:

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Made a run !!!

Tic,

We made a drive this weekend. Boise to Ontario, then to Emmett and back to Boise. Put one hundred and thirty miles on Ms Bela, with no overheating and no problems. Nice day for a drive and the roads were great all the way.

I'll have to put the swap meet weekend on the calendar and hope nothing comes up to get in the way.

I hope the rear end swap is not as complicated as your frontend rebuild. Let me know if you need anything, I'm not much help with technical stuff, but I usually turn the wrench the right way !!! :roll

Bill

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tic,

We made a drive this weekend. Boise to Ontario, then to Emmett and back to Boise. Put one hundred and thirty miles on Ms Bela, with no overheating and no problems. Nice day for a drive and the roads were great all the way.

I'll have to put the swap meet weekend on the calendar and hope nothing comes up to get in the way.

I hope the rear end swap is not as complicated as your frontend rebuild. Let me know if you need anything, I'm not much help with technical stuff, but I usually turn the wrench the right way !!! :roll

Bill

Glad to hear that Bill! The rear of the 60 will be up on the stands Saterday night and will be getting hosed down with liquid wrench for a few days before I start. Should be easier.... I hope.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
When will you be ready ???

http://www.firebirdonline.com/index.htm

Opening Test
Day of 2008
March 30, 2008

Spring
Warm Up &
Swap Meet
April 12, 2008

I'll have the rear done well before then so maybe:D Sounds like a fun drive. Emmett is nice I hear right now. I was thinking of a Black Canyon run there in a week or so. Long as there's no snow up on the hills to fall on me:eek:

Tic,

So when do you plan to make the first run with the BelAir ??? Sure would like to be there to see that !!! :brow :clap

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My GOAL is to be at this

SNAP-ON TOOLS 27th Annual OLDIES BUT GOODIES DRAGS (June 7-8, 2008)
Featuring cars 1978 and older, the Snap-On Oldies But Goodies Drags features a terrific line-up of gasser's, hot rod's, custom's, truck's, street machine's and the like. The featured class is the Spangler Bros. Auto Body AA/Gas Supercharged Coupes and Sedans. This special event is certainly filled with tons of non-stop good `ole family fun.

There's probably going to be 500+ cars there plus the dragsters and such. The last Major part I have is the drivetrain i.e rearend and of course spare drive line tires wheels parts and pass the safety inspection. Then I am looking at trailoring the beast there so I am on the hunt for that. May go ol school and get U Haul :roll
A little masking tape some paint I'll match it all up:D Don't think they'll give me any of my deposit back though:eek:

Last year I pushed hard and the 60 made it to Motorfest and took on 110 degree heat for a 3 hour cruise and made it home and I was NO WHERE near where I am today so I'll make it. Plus Mom and Dad Sis Brother Kid are all coming out and I would like to be banned from BBQ for other things rather than missing a race. Plus Moms never forget...

Maybe I could borrow that red white and blue hummer here at the Nampa Gaurd or that tank carrier they got there:D

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Sounds like fun !!!

Tic,

Sounds like a good time alright ! If you need a trailer, let me know. There is one parked in my drive, I've only used once.

Bill