Sandman

SANDMAN

Hello everyone.A friend of mine with a unbelievably nice 63 409 gave me this link. You all know him as jims409.Anyway Im real glad that I found this site because I have loved 409 chevys since I was a kid in the sixtys. I finally found a 409ci engine in a junk yard while in collage in denver. I bought that engine for $65.00 the junk man thought it was a 348ci. That was in 1980 since then it has been moved several times (different houses and apartments) Then in 1988 I bought a 1955 chevy210 with a 327ci and a powerglide.I drove it that way until I blew up the powerglide. That is when I decided to build the 409 and put it in there.I have a stroker kit in it with 101/2 to 1 ross full floaters 690 heads an isky 620 solid roller cam a offenhauser duall quad intake that I had to tig weld .500 to the top of each port because the 690 heads are that much taller.I could go on forever telling you all of the modifications that have been made but this is already too long for an introduction and I dont want to bore you guys.Thanks for reading and I will try to post some pics

Attachments

• 0307 010.jpg
    0307 010.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 0307 011.jpg
    0307 011.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 0307 012.jpg
    0307 012.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 0307 013.jpg
    0307 013.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 0307 014.jpg
    0307 014.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 57

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Welcome to our site. Have you read about our Blue Suede meeeting in Ohio?/ I think you would enjoy it because quite a few members will be there with their 409's.
Robert

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome to our site. Have you read about our Blue Suede meeeting in Ohio?/ I think you would enjoy it because quite a few members will be there with their 409's.
Robert

and some of us won't. be there but without 409s that is.

Welcome Sandman! Love the 55!:clap

SANDMAN

Yeah and only one lonely 348 will be there so Sandman stop in at Norwalk anyway...one more 409:eek: :eek:
Thank you rstreet and Dick MacKenzie for your warm welcome. Do you or anyone else have more info on that Norwalk event. I might like to go if I can get the time off of work. Thanks in advance

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
and some of us will not be their:cry :cry :cry :cry
sure wish we could have a get together in central tex
around the Burnet Area
ideal place would be 3 miles noth of burnet at 3902 n hwy 281
:D
have a great time
roger
:cheers

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
SANDMAN:
There is a thread near the bottom called 348-409 events. Open it and click on Blue Suede Cruise. There is allot of info on that one.
Robert

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome Sandman,I'ts Great to have another Shoe Box in the club.Here's some more Info on the Blue Suede Cruise.

bluesuedecruise.jpg

SANDMAN

Welcome Sandman,I'ts Great to have another Shoe Box in the club.Here's some more Info on the Blue Suede Cruise.

bluesuedecruise.jpg
Thanks Jim for the info. I have never known anyone else with a tri five 09er. It is good to see that someone besides me thinks that the combo works well and looks cool. Do you have any pics? I would love to see them

SANDMAN

Hey Jim thanks for posting those pics of my car I forgot that you took them and I dont have any pics of my engine. Lets get together and finish your car. There is not much left to do and it would be an honor to be able to work on such a fine machine as yours. Who knows maybee we can even go to Norwalk together. Give me a call

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Sandman,I hope you can Norwalk,your 55 looks awesome.I've had a 409 in my 57 for over 25 years.Here's a few photos

Picture112.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture039.jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Jim: You've just got to quit showing new members of the 409 in your 57. I get excited looking at that car:clap :clap :clap
Robert

SANDMAN

Thats one unbelievably nice ride:bow I sure hope that I can see it in person at Norwalk.Thanks for posting those pics for me:clap

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Each time I see pictures of Jim's 57 I see something that I missed before, 25 years of refinement takes care of all the little things. A W engine in a tri-5 is great as well as all the street rods that sport W's. Sometimes we sell cars long before they have reached their potential.:bang Roy