SAVING THE TALLAHASSEE THOROBRED

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Great find Russ! Looking forward to the build!!:salute I was curious about what other cars fit in the B/FX classification and what other rules surrounded it. Thanks “Eyes are getting bad. I thought i saw B/FX on the car in the black and white picture”.

Last edited:

Floyd Horton

Well Known Member
When I bought my 62 bubbletop in Muskogee, Ok in 1983 the right front was also locked up. It was in Leon James Salvage and had set there so long the whole right side of the car had sunk down into the mud. It was a real booger to load.

RussC

Well Known Member
I'm a little disappointed. I towed 700 miles home...stopped to eat...stopped at rest stops...not a sole asked if the car was for sale...as a matter of fact nobody even looked at it...no thumbs up??? Maybe I should have stopped at a car wash. On the bright side the 20 year old tires still have air in them

The Horse is now in the barn with the Mule!

Attachments

• IMG_1622.JPG
    IMG_1622.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 73

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'm a little disappointed. I towed 700 miles home...stopped to eat...stopped at rest stops...not a sole asked if the car was for sale...as a matter of fact nobody even looked at it...no thumbs up??? Maybe I should have stopped at a car wash. On the bright side the 20 year old tires still have air in them

Good things mules are sterile. You might get a little project in a few months...:laugh:laugh:laugh

Junky

Well Known Member

If you looking for the average person to get all starry eyed over a car, you should have bought a gull winged Tesla!:D

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I also vote for the first picture! I pulled my bubble top home from North Carolina and only got one thumbs up in Ohio. But i was smiling all the way. If that big block is taking up much needed room in your shop id might be interested in it. Let me know.
Cool story and car!

RussC

Well Known Member
Russ are you going to put the lettering back on like in the first picture? Its looks like it has 380 HP & 3622 lbs on the front fenders from what I can make out.

The car will go back as Dave Youngman raced it as in the black and white photo. I have some research to do. It looks like the car may have been a 380 hp B stock early on and progressed to something else as the aluminum was added?? I can see lettering through the later paint and in the last version on the top of the fender reference to hp and weight are gone and replaced by RAMCO RINGS. I plan to carefully remove the last paint job and see if I find a different classification

I also plan to reach out to family and friends

RussC

Well Known Member
I also vote for the first picture! I pulled my bubble top home from North Carolina and only got one thumbs up in Ohio. But i was smiling all the way. If that big block is taking up much needed room in your shop id might be interested in it. Let me know.
Cool story and car!
Cool story and car!

Big block motor belongs to Dennis

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I'm a little disappointed. I towed 700 miles home...stopped to eat...stopped at rest stops...not a sole asked if the car was for sale...as a matter of fact nobody even looked at it...no thumbs up???

No one gives a s--t about our crusty old cars in 2021, 'cept us:good If I'd seen that thing going down the highway on an open trailer with 'aluminum hands off' on the fenders I'd looky loo so much I'd wreck your rig and mine.