scam??

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I haven't been on the forum lately due to declining health issues. I thought I was answering a request from a friend for help. I may be in for some serious computer problems now. The joke may be on the scammer because I am that guy that will not be buying green bananas . :roll Not much time left but maybe this post will prevent someone else from getting scammed. I know our members would not answer such a request but I'm afraid there may be computer malware passed around due to reading the e-mail. Original e-mail had Jim Kwiatowski at top and the subject of " Help". I replied to the e-mail, asking Jim what I could do to help. The next e-mail from him described one of those requests about a sick relative and needing money for a heart transplant. I knew right then it was a scam . So, I have deleted the e-mails and hope there is nothing stored on my hard drive. I don't know anything about computers so I will hope there is no damage. I don't know Jim's phone number but if any of you do please call him and let him know he is being used. Thanks,,,

bobs409

Administrator
I haven't been on the forum lately due to declining health issues. I thought I was answering a request from a friend for help. I may be in for some serious computer problems now. The joke may be on the scammer because I am that guy that will not be buying green bananas . :roll Not much time left but maybe this post will prevent someone else from getting scammed. I know our members would not answer such a request but I'm afraid there may be computer malware passed around due to reading the e-mail. Original e-mail had Jim Kwiatowski at top and the subject of " Help". I replied to the e-mail, asking Jim what I could do to help. The next e-mail from him described one of those requests about a sick relative and needing money for a heart transplant. I knew right then it was a scam . So, I have deleted the e-mails and hope there is nothing stored on my hard drive. I don't know anything about computers so I will hope there is no damage. I don't know Jim's phone number but if any of you do please call him and let him know he is being used. Thanks,,,

I got the same "HELP" email. First he asked me to write him which I thought odd but I did. Then I got this reply:

////
OK, Sorry that i came to you for this. I was going to ask my bank but thought you
could be of help. Am out of the City to Philippines to see my ill cousin, She is
suffering from a Heart disease and must undergo transplant to save her life. The
surgery is very expensive here, So I want to transfer her back home to have the
surgery implemented. I really need to take care of this now but my credit card
didn't work here, Due to the short time which i had, I traveled with little money i
never expected things to be this way right now. Please can you give me a loan of
$2,550 or any amount if not all. I promise to refund money back to you when i
return. Please reply back and let me know if you can so i'll advice you on how to
transfer it.
Sincerely,
Jim
//////

I checked Jims account and the email doesn't match. I also noticed he was last on the forum in August!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ronnie, there's no damage to your computer, they want you to wire them money. Well they may have gotten your sent list also so just check if others receive emails from you, so to speak. Hang in there buddy.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hang in there Ronnie, you're not alone in being scammed. An older lady here got stuck for US$30,000, had a real good story to go with it.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Ronnie I got the same email but didn't respond
Robert
Thinking about you down there in Texas

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ronnie, can't bring myself to call right now. I'm sure you know how I feel. I know you well enough to know you don't like to talk on the phone even when you feel great. I'll try and put my big boy britches on and call you. Praying for you, hope it takes. Everyone is pulling for you here.

As always, Ray
Fathead Racing.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Stay away from the green banana's Ronnie....
Can't wait to hang out out in Bowling Green.