Scorpion rocker arms.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hello W heads,
What are your experiences with using Scorpion roller rockers with OE tin valve covers? Red text is copied from Scorpions web site. They offer their
"Race" series (strongest • Handle .950” lift & 950 lbs. max open spring pressure ) rocker.
And an "endurance" series.
Endurance Series rockers have Race Series features PLUS: • Lighter weight for faster RPM gain - average 28 grams lighter than Race Series rocker arms • Lower profile than Race Series rocker arms for better fitment under most stock valve covers • Shorter polylocks than Race Series polylocks for better valve cover clearance • Handle .750” lift & 750 lbs. max open spring pressure.
So the thinking is would the endurance series clear OE tin covers better or is there even an issue?
In my head an "endurance" part should be a heavier duty part, but I am from Missouri!
Jeff

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I guess their thinking is that an "endurance" engine should/would be using a less stressful camshaft and thus could use the lighter rockers. I guess such an engine might also be more likely to have stock covers? Who knows?

They just didn't want to call it "street" or "street/strip" for some reason.

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don't remember for sure which I have. Bought years ago(2011). With the 690 head they clear fine, with 817 and original tri-power covers I used two gaskets and they clear just fine. The VC rail on the small port heads measures closer to deck of head on the ones I measured. Brings cover down closer to rocker arm. Is that clear as mud?

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
And yes to the race rockers having a much bigger clearance problem for my 348. I first got them but returned for the endurance version. The race were heavier and overkill for my application.

I went through the geometry correction process for both.