sea foam

vin 58

Supporting Member 1
I'd like to know if anybody has any experience with this product. A guy at work is trying it out. I have an 98 f 150 with 123,000 miles and am thinking of trying it. Your humble opinons please. Thanks vin

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I am using it this winter in everything that doesn't get started daily; it seems to be working well so far.

Norm

Well Known Member
Don't know about other products, but the Bugs Be Gone is the only thing I have found that removes love bugs from car. If any of you live in the south--buy Bugs Be Gone. You just spray on, wait about 45 seconds & wipe off love bugs with wet rag. I've found that it is not any better than soap & water on other bugs, but works wonders on love bugs.

b-d409

Well Known Member
Sea Foam is probably the best gasoline additive that I have ever used. Unlike Stable that only creates a barrier on the top of gasoline to protect it from the air in the tank, Sea Foam actually mixes with the gasoline and keeps it from changing chemically. I use it in everything I own that sits over the winter. Ever since I have used it ( I used to use Stable ) I have not had to deal with the varnished up carb issues come spring time or dirty carbs in the summer due to our crappy gas. An excellent example ( from my personal experience of course ) is my bike. I have owned it for over 10 years. Up until I found and started using Sea Foam, I had to tear the carbs down and clean them EVERY spring. I tried Stable and several other "winterizing" products recommended to me. I was just about ready to sell my bike because of this. You can imagine what a pain in the rear cleaning the carbs every spring was. The very first year I used Sea Foam, my bike started in the spring like I had just run it the week before. In my humble opinion, it is the ONLY product to use to keep gas from going bad and keeping your carbs nice and clean year round.

Dan

vin 58

Supporting Member 1
Ron thanks for posting the link I guess I should have been a little more accurate on the description. Anyway it sounds like a good product. Thanks again Vin

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
make your own

If you read the ingredient list, you could just make your own for next to nothing.

pale oil 60%
naphtha 30%
Iso Alcohol 10%

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If you read the ingredient list, you could just make your own for next to nothing.

pale oil 60%
naphtha 30%
Iso Alcohol 10%

Hey models, Is Pale Oil just mineral oil? If not, how do you go about getting some?
I did some research and can`t figure out exactly what it is,,
Some links suggest it is mineral oil and others a Kerosene type oil like Avjet A/Naphtha Pale Oil.
Would this just be jet fuel type kerosene?
If so then it would be like the second ingredient naphtha?

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

Без перевода.

Might as well be speaking Russian:roll:roll

I have had this minor lack of power problem the last few weeks with my T-Bird which was a lot like a bad accelerator pump (FI) or lack of fuel and I changed the fuel filter, pressure regulator on the FI, spark plugs and checked out the dis cap and rotor but the problem only got slightly better.
I fueled up last time with Chevron instead of Arco to see if that helped but still no better.
I then added a bottle of SeaFoam and it fixed the problem within a few miles of driving !!
I figure it was a sticky or clogged injector now.
I know the $7 for the Sea Foam was a bit expensive but way cheaper then the $100 injector cleaning system at the shop.
I`m sold on it but would like to figure out a way to make it myself with the right ingredients.
That link I read before but as I said,,, Might as well be speaking Russian !!!

Без перевода = I can`t understand a word it says

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
A guy at work today, says Rislone and Marvel is pale oil.

Thats the problem.
If you do a Google search what you find is all most any oil that is refined to remove the wax seems to be pale oil.
What I would like to get is a generic pale oil so I don`t have to pay extra for a name,,,