sheet metal intake

ducky_1978

has any one tried to make a sheet metal intake for a 348? i have started to make one. it will be a single plain for a holley. just wanted to see if any one had pics of one they built or had built for them. i will post pics of mine when i get a little farther along on it . hope to have the runners on it by the end of the week.

ducky_1978

got runners machined and tacked on to low intake rails. going to try and get the to box part built this weekend.

249417293_839142705_0.jpg

249416077_839138261_0.jpg

249418587_839147426_0.jpg

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That's looking really good.:clap I made a tunnel ram a while back and it worked great. When I first tried it the plenum was a little too big so I later cut it down a little. That engine's going to be really cool with the blow through turbo setup.

Attachments

• 2007-12-13 015britecr419.jpg
    2007-12-13 015britecr419.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 133

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's looking really good.:clap I made a tunnel ram a while back and it worked great. When I first tried it the plenum was a little too big so I later cut it down a little. That engine's going to be really cool with the blow through turbo setup.

WOW, Jim !
That looks really good ! :clap

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That will be ideal for a turbo. With O rings on cyl and about 40 lbs of boost you should see 1000 to 1200 hp. If you keep your foot out of it you can drive it to the grocery store. I have a friend who drives a Studebaker at Bonneville. It is a twin turbo charged 515 big block. It idles at 800 rpm and drives like a mild hotrod until you stick your foot in it. Turbos are really great for making HP. Be careful on cam selection because lots of duration just blows the intake charge right out the exhaust.:D Roy

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I gotta agree with Roy, turbos are a great way to make good streetable horsepower. You don't need big cubic inches and a 500hp turbo motor is better on gas than a regular 500hp engine. Great head flow is nice but even crappy heads will make good power with a turbo. Like thay say, "even a corpse will breath with a turbo"

ducky_1978

i have got a little farther along on it. need a distributor so i can start to make the valley pan.been trying to find one always a day late and a dollar short:cuss