Shooting for the MOON! $3500 for a M/T Power Ram.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
its on ebay--starting bid 2000-------i think it is the same one
Yah, I talked with Jason for some time last year when he was trying to sell it. He claims its the part of the country he lives in that makes it worth more. Some people don't understand that the internet makes location irrelevant. We live in a "one world market". His price is still sky high and he still hasn't sold it. Keep it for another year.

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What do you want? A new buy as many as you want tunnel ram is $1895. AMC crossrams were near $5000 at one time. A new production run has originals on the $2000-2500 range for good ones.
This manifold has been polished and I think that hurts it. Has the M/T been ground of the front?

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
What do you want? A new buy as many as you want tunnel ram is $1895. AMC crossrams were near $5000 at one time. A new production run has originals on the $2000-2500 range for good ones.
This manifold has been polished and I think that hurts it. Has the M/T been ground of the front?
The market has already told him last year he was off. Maybe the market will say otherwise this go around or maybe he will find some sucker that has no idea what they are getting into. A fool and his money are soon parted. There have been 2 for sale so far this year and in the last 6 years I have been keeping track there is on average 4-5 that come up for sale each year. None has ever sold for more than $2500 that I know of, maybe one snuck by me but either way. Every once in a while people get lucky and make a bunch of money, I wish him the best of luck fishing. Might as well be using the wrong bate to catch the wrong fish. Every once in a great while you will still catch something. LOL!:laugh2

tenxal

Well Known Member
The market has already told him last year he was off. Maybe the market will say otherwise this go around or maybe he will find some sucker that has no idea what they are getting into. A fool and his money are soon parted. There have been 2 for sale so far this year and in the last 6 years I have been keeping track there is on average 4-5 that come up for sale each year. None has ever sold for more than $2500 that I know of, maybe one snuck by me but either way. Every once in a while people get lucky and make a bunch of money, I wish him the best of luck fishing. Might as well be using the wrong bate to catch the wrong fish. Every once in a great while you will still catch something. LOL!:laugh2

I don't get criticizing someone over the price they want for something......

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don't get criticizing someone over the price they want for something......
You are right. I shouldn't be criticizing him for asking for way to much. We should all stop criticizing the liberals wanting to raise or taxes to much. We shouldn't be criticizing gas prices going sky high. We shouldn't be criticizing anyone for anything. How does that sound? :good

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I sold mine for 2500 to a guy that already had one so he may very well be able to sell it as it could sell for the 2k starting price, that's how I got mine starting price was 1200 and I won it for 1200
He wanted more than double just 10 months ago. Kind of like the police officer here that has a 63' 425hp for sale . Its hard to help people understand what they can get out of any item even when they ask for help. That 425hp engine is now 1/3 of the original dream price and its still way to high to actually sell. Always fun to dream though!

tenxal

Well Known Member
You are right. I shouldn't be criticizing him for asking for way to much. We should all stop criticizing the liberals wanting to raise or taxes to much. We shouldn't be criticizing gas prices going sky high. We shouldn't be criticizing anyone for anything. How does that sound? :good

Nice try at redirection but no sale. Pun intended. ;)

Market price for something is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If no one pays the price, the market goes down. If someone pays the price, they've just set the market. I'd like to buy a '69 ZL-1 Camaro for $6,500 or whatever they sold for new. Now, if I want one badly enough, it's going to cost me close to $250,000. Unfortunate?....yes. Bad?....no. Economics 101. Capitalism cast in aluminum. Not good or bad, just the way it is.

There's one of these M/T 409 Power Rams locally. I first saw it hanging on a wall in a speed shop in the early '70's. It's N.O.S. and at one time the box was with it. I'll head over there in the next couple of days and see if it's available.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nice try at redirection but no sale. Pun intended. ;)

Market price for something is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If no one pays the price, the market goes down. If someone pays the price, they've just set the market. I'd like to buy a '69 ZL-1 Camaro for $6,500 or whatever they sold for new. Now, if I want one badly enough, it's going to cost me close to $250,000. Unfortunate?....yes. Bad?....no. Economics 101. Capitalism cast in aluminum. Not good or bad, just the way it is.

There's one of these M/T 409 Power Rams locally. I first saw it hanging on a wall in a speed shop in the early '70's. It's N.O.S. and at one time the box was with it. I'll head over there in the next couple of days and see if it's available.
I'm guessing your old enough to know better but your wrong about what sets the "market". One idiot in a crowd does not set anything. I can show you sales of cars or just about anything (Britney Spears used chewing gum went for $14,000 in 2004.) that went for stupid money simply because stupid showed up with a hole burning in their pocket. Economics 101 is people will pay anything for anything at any time but that isn't the "market value" on anything. The market hasn't changed on these pieces in the 6 years I have followed them closely. If you can't tell by my avatar on here, I keep a close eye on them. You could probably say I have talked to nearly everyone at one point or another that either has one now or has had one in the past. Do you remember my post on here when I discovered the small port Power Ram for sale a couple years back? Certainly there are always ones I have missed. Fun to discover new ones but I probably more than anyone has been paying close attention to this specific market for these specific pieces. Polished, beat up and modified pieces won't set the market anyway. The ones leading the market are the ones that aren't modified or abused and they aren't anywhere near $3500.
In other news I think I have pictures of the one you are going to look at. I have pictures of two different Power Rams with their boxes still. Trying to remember if I talked to them or not. I don't think I did but get me their number and I'll give them a jingle. :brow