shop lifts

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Got a four post used Forward Lift about three years ago. It was a couple years old and looked brand new. Got it for less than half price of new. My garage has a 20’ ceiling where it goes. Thought I’d have to take it apart to move it. Noooooo. Raised up the rails, backed a car trailer between the posts (about an inch to spare on each side), lowered rails on bed of trailer, lifted each post and tied off, and drove it home down I380. Backed it in garage and reversed the order. Can’t imagine being without one. Makes life and my body better!

Fuzz

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I spent the afternoon getting the shop ready for the lift install tomorrow...had to put up 24 sheets of 2" foil lined foam to the walls where the lift is going...getting to the high bay walls may be difficult so I'm scrambling...anywho, I pulled my '55 chebbie pick up out to do the work and when I was bringing her back in I decided to hit the line lock and boil the hides...just came back from my shop and it's still full of smoke...:D:D:D

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I burn 2 at a time tom, just like we all do...you're welcome to come down out of the cold and use it all you care to...I have no plans for heat but I sure do for a/c...I'm looking into air sock duct...I've seen them in high end open structure buildings I've worked on...

Junky

Well Known Member
I'm going to bitch to Bend Pak... mine came with blue ramps, and no covers over the locks! Suggestion... Spray your cables with CRC Chain & Wire Rope Lubricant. If you spay it once a week for a month, it should penetrate deep into the wire bundle, and your cables will last forever. If you don't, you will be replacing cables in a couple of years. The cables rolling over the pulleys will fatigue the strands, and individual strands of wire in the cable bundle will start breaking. The wire lube will also help prevent rust on your cables. I bought a case of it from Grangers when I purchased my last lift mega years ago. So far, I have used almost half of it in the last 10 years. I use the underlined product. The cables are dry to the touch after a few days. Mine are due for another treatment, but my lift hasn't been lowered in a year. Too many other projects.

Extreme Duty Open Gear Chain Lube, 16 Oz. ($11.89 Each from Zoro) Zoro #: G0318683 | Mfr #: 03058
Chain and Wire Rope Lubricant, Aerosol, 16 Oz. ($12.59 Each from Zoro) Zoro #: G3461543 | Mfr #: 03050MVC-004L.JPGMVC-005L.JPG

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
thanks for the advice junky, the installed said the same thing...these cables have a wick core that absorbs grease...he said if I don't I'll be buying new cables like you mentioned...I've got a few cars in the new shop but more to come...it's slowly coming together...IMG_0624.JPG

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
thanks MRHP, it's a sleepen...notice the 18" wheels and the low profile nitto drag radials...it's a 427 full roller motor with a muncie M-21 and a 4:11 posi...I took my first ride in it the day before I had my liver surgery, I drove it hard figuring it may very well be my last ride...the tires hold up remarkably well...

Junky

Well Known Member
thanks MRHP, it's a sleepen...notice the 18" wheels and the low profile nitto drag radials...it's a 427 full roller motor with a muncie M-21 and a 4:11 posi...I took my first ride in it the day before I had my liver surgery, I drove it hard figuring it may very well be my last ride...the tires hold up remarkably well...

Dang!!!! Liver surgery is no fun at all. I know, because I had colon surgery, and they fileted me like a fish, and then stuffed everything back in. My surgeon was great, but I was a hurting puppy for about a week in the hospital. Just take it one day at a time, and in 6 months, you will be feeling yourself again.

Oh... I had a 1969 Z28, but it was stolen in 1973, and never recovered. I think it was parted it out, and cut up the body, so it couldn't be traced. No insurance on it, so I was the big looser.