Should have said "brake"line replacement help--

playswithcars

Well Known Member
I guess I got so frustrated :scratch with the front to rear brake line I couldn't think straight. I have it loose at both ends and out of all visiable clips but can't get it to want to come out either direction. Any suggestions on installing the new line. Or alternate placement.

Apologize for the error.

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
I have a bare frame here, but it's dark here now. I will take a look at it in the morning and get back to you.

mabeauchamp

Supporting Member 1
playswithcars, on my 62 the line runs along the outside of the passenger side of the frame. there are clips holding it in place. on the front, the line runs to a union (tee) just prior to the pass side upper A arm. on the rear, the line runs up and over the frame (where the rear begins to wishbone) and connects near the upper control arm. hope this helps. i'm not sure if its the same or not on a 64. we still need to link up some time. mark

playswithcars

Well Known Member
Mark, that's what is confusing to me. On my '64, the line runs on the inside with clips to the side frame rail and continues throught the x member. Once in the x, I can't see how it runs and what is used to hold it and the fuel line from contact with the drive shaft. Too tight to reach in and feel and can't see much with a light.

Thanks for the comments.