Show Cars Web Site

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Interesting my log on to Show Cars has not changed. I opened my log in and it worked.
I have a draft order in place and it opened immediately.
Paul
Mine too.

I've had dr409.com in my favorites for years. Didn't know about show-cars.com. Now when I go to favorites and select that favorite I get the following message:

dr409.jpg

Maybe it's a Safari/Apple issue. :dunno

ragtp66

Well Known Member
About a year ago, our shopping cart company told us they could no longer transfer credit card numbers over the net. (Security reasons by the government) Their only solution was to have them process the card at the time of the order.

We rejected this out of hand for many reasons, you may have ordered something that will take us 3 weeks to build, yet you have already paid for it. With the great variety of parts we offer, there is no fair way calculate shipping at the time of order. Paying up front for parts not immediately available is unfair to the customer and a huge headache for us as a vendor, very difficult to to keep track of.

I do not know if this is truly a federal regulation or if this is a way to force us to use them to process credit cards.
Everybody wants to process credit cards, we get dozens of solicitations a month. We pay in the excess of $50,000.00 a year for credit card processing, and we are not that big. Not only that, we pay a percentage when we sell you the part and we pay the same percentage if you return it for a refund.

When we get an order online, we will contact you for payment information. We keep that information on file for the next time you order. If you prefer we did not keep this information on file, tell us.

If you wish to pay with Paypal, we will total up the order including shipping and send you a Paypal invoice. You must approve this invoice before we can ship.

Bruce

Show Cars

Here is a good link to understand all the terms and what they mean. Manual storage of the customer's card info puts you on the hook in a lot of ways. Best to use a provider that uses tokenization technology. It transfers the onus to the service provider not to mention it is much safer for your customer's card information. https://www.pcicomplianceguide.org/faq/