Slavery

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not my original thought, but worth thinking about…
Some two hundred years ago the White People sat on their porches and watched the Black People do the work that needed to be done so the Whites could live the life they wanted. If the Blacks didn't produce enough to keep the Whites happy, they complained about it.
In those days it was called slavery.
Today the Black People sit on their porches and watch the White People work to pay the taxes that are necessary for the Blacks to live the life they want. If their welfare check is not enough to keep them happy, they complain about it.
It would appear to me that the only thing that has changed is the color of the slaves.

Last edited:

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We should have picked our own cotton!!:doh

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s
They don't teach kids about all the white people who worked in the fields right along side the slaves........they weren't slaves......just not the rich plantation owners.......or how they may have been "free" but often lived in worse conditions than some of the slaves.

They also don't usually teach about all the Indians who were slaves.

In a few years they will be teaching our kids what a great job Obama did.....and how he had such a hard time in office because the white man was still holding him down. Blah...blah...blah....... I'm sick of it. I have friends both white AND BLACK who are just as sick of it. All the liberal media does is try to keep racial issues stirred up.

No409

Supporting Member 1
They don't teach kids about all the white people who worked in the fields right along side the slaves........they weren't slaves......just not the rich plantation owners.......or how they may have been "free" but often lived in worse conditions than some of the slaves.

In a few years they will be teaching our kids what a great job Obama did.....and how he had such a hard time in office because the white man was still holding him down. Blah...blah...blah....... I'm sick of it. I have friends both white AND BLACK who are just as sick of it. All the liberal media does is try to keep racial issues stirred up.
Jason, you hit the nail on the head. i got white friends, black friends, ( just no muslum ones) were all the same. For example, i have a last supper painting in my shop, with black people in it. the only person who got offended was a white bible thumper. he never came back. my biggest scrap buyer, is black, and loves it!, he offered me $75 for it( it was a gift from a customer) hes a honest, hard working, just trying to make a living guy. media dosent see him trying to help his fam. this country is ****** up, the wanna help the people that dont wanna work, and hate this country. i say F them

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

yup.gif
[/QUOTE]

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
What's sad is when a black person with some basic common sense and a good head on their shoulders stands up and speaks up for not just "his" people, but for our great country as a whole.....(I'm not endorsing anyone here, but someone like Ben Carson or Mr. West who really let Obama hold it about the Iran Deal.:clap) then a lot of the other black people label them as an "Uncle Tom".

Or how many talk bad about others that actually try to work hard in school and get an education.....or work and educate themselves. My kids come home and tell me about the other ones look down on those and they are "un-cool" or whatever they call it now. How dare they try to make something and contribute to society instead of leaching off of it.....and /or contributing to the drug/violence problems.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I just realized that referred to a race as "black" and that is considered racism today, but I don't see how it is any worse to say Black instead of African-American than it is to say White instead of Caucasian or Indian instead of Native American.

Also on a related note: I recently referred to someone that was Chinese, Japanese, Korean, I'm not sure what nationality - as Oriental. APPARENTLY......that is a huge NO-NO now. I got quickly told "Oriental is food or rugs!!! The correct term is Asian!" Well thanks for the education. :laugh

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jason, just ignore it all. There should have never been slavery, however there was. There are no slave's alive today, and no slave holders alive today, so no-one owes anyone anything. I can never remember which President said it, I want to say FDR, however it's hard for me to think he would. The President that did say it said, that the hyphenation of our national identity ( African, Mexican, Chinese, Indian, Irish, Italian, etc. ) is the downfall of our nation. That was not his exact words but you get the meaning. When I meet a person who hyphenates their nationality I automatically see them as a racist, and I do not go out of my way to be their friend unless they are from another country and have become a Naturalized Citizen. Then they are in fact African, Mexican etc., American. You can be proud of your heritage, however if you are born in America, YOUR AMERICAN. That should be your first pride. No-one is guaranteed anything. If you educate yourself and work hard you will eventually overcome all obstacles. There will always be someone who hates you whether you are white, black, Chinese, Mexican, etc. You will never stop that. The world will pass you by if you concentrate on the hate from the very small amount of people who actually do. By the way, Black and White are not a RACE irregardless of what people say. America seems always to get the blame for slavery. People need to look a few things like: only a very very very few large monoculture farms and very rich people owned slaves ( percentage of the population, although 1 was too many ). Yes there were others less rich who owned them. Slaves were not only black. Brazil took the most slaves not America. Slavery was world wide and continued to I think 1974 in some countries and continues today in different forms. Slaves were sold by many different people in Africa, lots of which were Black. Slaves were freed because of White people who knew it was wrong. They first tried it politically. In the end they laid down their lives to do it. I guess that doesn't count though. This could go on for as long as the argument has been going. You will not win the fight. You can only take solace in knowing that the people who hate, and the people who are not educating themselves and working hard will one day wake up and realize that they have wasted their lives fighting a fight that was useless. Lastly, let me relate a story I was told to me by a Mexican guy I worked with in 1984 in Oakland CA. Carlos was about 50 at the time. I was 21. Carlos told me that when he was a kid his family worked the fields. ( my cousins did also ) Carlos would say that at night the guys would drink beer around a fire and complain about how whitey has them down. Carlos said his dad would say the same thing. Then when they were at home, Carlos's dad would tell them that those guys were wrong. The only person who has you down is you. Carlos's dad worked his ass off. 2 sons, 1 daughter, all college educated and successful. Great guys. I worked under Carlos for awhile. He was a very educated guy with a great attitude, as were most of the guys I worked with back then ( the whites were the minority there ) So I know it's hard, I feel the same way you do. Just remember they are wasting their lives fighting ghost. Sorry for the long post.

Jeff

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Last edited:

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No-one is guaranteed anything. If you educate yourself and work hard you will eventually overcome all obstacles. There will always be someone who hates you whether you are white, black, Chinese, Mexican, etc. You will never stop that. The world will pass you by if you concentrate on the hate from the very small amount of people who actually do.

AMEN. Very well said.

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think I am going to start calling myself a 409American. Seriously. The next person that ask or form that requires me to put something down, I am going to.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I always thought, if you live here (USA) you're an American. :appl If you come here, from a foreign country, you are an American of xxxxxxx descent. Very simple. :clap

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
About 25 years ago when I had been working as a car mechanic for the City of Los Angeles for a short time,I got sent out on a service call. I took a garage attendant with me who was(still is) black. We saw some disgusting behavior in public by some disgusting people. It offended my assistant, and he made the comment about how he basically doesn't like n-words like that. He said that totally stupid n-words make black people look bad to everyone else. We had some white neighbors that caused problems here on our street and he had heard me mention what I thought about them. He had said that there were n-words in every race. I agreed, and said that the white n-words seemed to be the worst.He laughed and said that what he liked about white people is that we don't stand up for or try to protect our n-words, the dumb black stands up for his,not realizing that that's who is holding him back, not someone else. This worker and I got along very well until he took another job and left. Good man!