Sold the 1962 SS 409

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
This past weekend I agreed to an offer for the red 62 car. I guess temporary thinning the herd but just hope I don't miss an old friend as we did allot of traveling around the country together and I was fortunate to receive an AACA national award and a Goodguys Muscle car of the year finalist.
Robert
fullsizeoutput_5401.jpeg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
This past weekend I agreed to an offer for the red 62 car. I guess temporary thinning the herd but just hope I don't miss an old friend as we did allot of traveling around the country together and I was fortunate to receive an AACA national award and a Goodguys Muscle car of the year finalist.
Robert
View attachment 74083
Why? A red 62 impala 2 Dr ht impala or ss is one of my favorite cars.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Why? A red 62 impala 2 Dr ht impala or ss is one of my favorite cars.

Yes is a favorite here as I liked the car first time I saw it even though it had an Isky "cheater" cam! The correct spec cam is in it.
I sort of retired the car early last year from shows and have had good offers for it while I was actively showing it. I have decided since I am gonna move to Florida I'll thin the herd. I was thinking the car would wind up at Bob's area since the person who bought it has a business partner near Bob and has a great 20-30 car collection in a great building. The cars are not shown! I learned when the car was picked up it won't be part of the partnership and is going to stay in a warehouse with a private collection.
Robert
Here is what I'm going to show on a limited basis. Yes, it is a 623 block 409 and a real SS
IMG_3858.JPG

Junky

Well Known Member
We are only temporary caretakers of these vehicles. I sold one of my favorites about 7 or 8 years ago, and the person that purchased it is driving the car regularly, and also maintaining it as it should be. I would be very disappointed if any of my cars wound up in a warehouse, but never driven and enjoyed.
You sold a beautiful car, and the picture of the 1961, should make you proud. Enjoy

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Love that Starliner Tommy......:love.....I can still hear those solid lifters from that time in Charlotte.......:cool:
My ol pal Floyd tried to steal (I mean buy) my 67 Beaumont SD about 15 years ago.........no deal.......:brow

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Love the sounds from a tick loose engine full of solid lifters
Robert
BJ if you like Tommy’s you would love the sounds of a red Starliner that was at the Henderson NC event a few years ago! Damn thing was a 2X4 SOHC with a stock hood!!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Understand you are stranded in the middle of Dorian???? Hope you will be safe Robert!!!!

Yes true I am in the bulls eye at Boca/Del Ray beach area with a little Lincoln urban SUV that only has a range of 300 miles:tongue I was able to get gas yesterday but the car would only now get to Daytona and they are having gas problems also. Damn wish I had my 3500 GMC with its 1,400 mile range! At 5:00 they are now predicting a slight turn up to Jupiter so the right storm wall will be well north. The house is new with latest hurricane construction and have emergency stuff so going to wait it out for now.
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I made it to Maryland at 2:00 am. I went over to the Florida Turnpike and they usually have gas for paying customers in problem times so got my first load of gas and got lucky up in northern Florida an open station with almost no line. Interesting the turnpike station gas police were limiting to 20 gallons and no containers. Not a problem in the urban suv as most of the time 10 gallons is a fillup for it!
Robert