Some Dyno runs

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I just got back from a friend of mine who goes to my church. He builds engines and has a CNC machine to mill parts. He also has a big engine dyno. He is going to help me with the build of my Classic Dragster. He had 2 engines that he had put together and was testing them on the dyno. He was finished with the BBC that was really a Kieth Black block and heads, it had a 1471 roots type blower on it. It made 1800+ HP with 30# of boost. That was pretty good for 500 cu.in. He then put a Mopar Hemi that was 500 cu.in. with an experimental set up for a blower. They took a turbocharger and hooked it up with a belt instead of using exhaust to spin it. The reason for that was no turbo lag. This thing put out 62 lbs. of boost and made 2900 hp and change. By leaning it down a little it held that HP from 5800rpm to 6700 rpm. Both of these engines spin to 8000 but the HP drops fast between 6700 and 8000. I thought that was fantastic HP and no laughing gas either. You know what these engines were going in? TRACTORS!:eek: The pulling kind.I can't wait to see what we can get out of my 270 GMC. :clap Roy