Some progress on the 58 Impala ....baby steps

ragtp66

Well Known Member
So this past week the 348 finally got its new coat of paint and the firewall was sanded, prepped, primed and finally painted. Will work on dropping the body back onto the frame this week to photo 1(65).JPG photo 1(65).JPG photo 3(45).JPG photo 4(36).JPG photo 5(21).JPG do finally panel fitting and adjustments as well as blocking the rest of the car getting here ready for paint.

sshamu

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Very nice! Hey Ragtp66 do you have a pic of your body cart (or whatever you call the car you have the '58 body sitting on)? I'd like to make one for my other '58 as we are about to lift the body up. Thankq. If so, please email me a pic to sshamu55647@gmail.com.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
Very nice! Hey Ragtp66 do you have a pic of your body cart (or whatever you call the car you have the '58 body sitting on)? I'd like to make one for my other '58 as we are about to lift the body up. Thankq. If so, please email me a pic to sshamu55647@gmail.com.

The cart is just 2x2 square tube made the front to stretch across the front body mounts on the firewall and the rears were made to attach at the body mounts that attach in the rear wheel well area not all the way back at the tail pan. Nothing fancy.