Sounds Like it Time to Choose ??

Where to hold 2010 Shootout

• Total voters

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Seems like we are ready to make a decision, so here is a new poll. I made my choice, so now it's up to you all.

If you have a new idea or I didn't include one, you think we should consider, put the information in.

Bill

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Damn...... this is a tough choice. Thompson was great and I'm sure it will be even better this year...... Many reasons to have it back there again...... BUT if I have the time and money to drive it's 350 miles farther each way ......... ???????????? That's an extra couple of days drive.

I think I'll just wait and see how the vote is going....... :bow:bow

Dave

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If you think about it, we have established a relationship with the guys at Thompson. They're sure to be more accomadating next year, and the did take care of us this year.There were a lot of guys from that area and points east that were able to come. We should all try and be there next year.
It is a long summer, long enough to have 2 events. KC would serve the midwest and southern guys that may not be in a position to go as far as Thompson.
I would try and hit both but we shouldn't let go of the deal we will get from Thompson. Think about it.
Remeber..Some is good, More is better, and too much is just enough. Region Rat

paint helper 2

Let's try it again..

I think Thompson deserves another shot of course I'll be tagging with Paint John so where ever we go is OK just feel that Thompson made some promises for changes and would like to see if they can come through....SKIP...:deal

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
TWO EVENTS AND EVERBODY CAN BE HAPPY:cool::cheers IF YOU CAN TRAVEL TO BOTH. Region rat said agian for us and I said it from day one.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Double the fun!

I enjoyed the time at Thompson Drag Raceway as well, and would go back there again. Since that was in June, and the KCIR event is in October, it is quite likely that we can hold two events and have pretty good turnout at both. Given the time between them, I would think I could make both events. Perhaps others will choose to as well?

Interesting options! Maybe we should take a poll and see who and how many can attend one or the other, or both?

TomK

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think if we have two we will split the group........ I know I can't go to two and I'm sure that there are a lot of other members in the same boat.

Dave

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Can we vote for more than one place like we could on the last poll?:?

I'd be willing to go to either place but I'm warming up to the idea of two seperate events. I could make it to Thompson for sure and probably Kansas city too. The Thompson event is in early June and the event at KC falls on the weekend after Labour Day so there's a good time gap between them.
Of course, the more cars we can bring to the track, the more influence we'd have and we also get to meet more club members in person if we all go to the same event. I know we had over 40 cars at Thompson last year and that number would likely drop if we went with two seperate events. Some guys would be able to attend both so the numbers could be quite good for each event,,, especially if we can get some decisions made and start getting the word out.:deal

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Don't Split Group !!!!

I think if we have two we will split the group........ I know I can't go to two and I'm sure that there are a lot of other members in the same boat.

Dave

I agree with Dave, we do not want to split the group !!! The event last years was soooooo much fun, because we had people from all over the US and Canada, gathered for friendship and racing. If we split the group, we will miss out on half the fun !!! I also agree with Tom and Skip, Thompson Race park, was a good venue and will likely make more accomidations for us next year.

I will plan to attend, where ever the gathering is planned. For me, I voted for KCR because of the travel distance and September date. It is 1000 miles closer to me and the September dates are lot better for me, not because Thompson was disapointing in any way.

Everyone, select the location that best fits your situation and let's get the planning started. I am available to assist, as much as possible, from Boise.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
A good thing going

Me and Sue also voted for Thompson, we have a good thing going at Thompson and its only going to get better :) .Me, Ray (fatride) and Fred Totten started these get togethers, and they get bigger and better every year. as for the KC thing I don't see why they still can't hold that event also :dunno

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
BET I PISS OF A BUNCH OF PEOPLE BUT I STILL VOTE FOR KANSAS

look at the reality of things

its a lot closer for central and west coast guys

Thompson was great but not for all the people that do not live on the east coast

all the east coast guys have it made ( for thompson )
driving maybe 3-6 hours

try driving 36 hours

anyway just my opinion and I know I will hear from all the rest of the members that will tell me where to get off and how to do it

roger

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey Roger, Just because you want to go to K.C. does'nt make you a bad person. :crazyWhy would any one be P***ed off at you? :dunno By the way Thompson is more than 6 hrs from Coram Long Island.:eek: It takes 2 hours just to get off the Island from my house.If I could make it to KC I would. I'M just saying.:cheers

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11

I don't want to make anyone mad so I am going to attend both events.:roll It will be twice as fun.:beerbang I am starting to save fuel money now.:crazy Hope to see you all one place or the other.:)

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Hey Roger, Just because you want to go to K.C. does'nt make you a bad person. :crazyWhy would any one be P***ed off at you? :dunno By the way Thompson is more than 6 hrs from Coram Long Island.:eek: It takes 2 hours just to get off the Island from my house.If I could make it to KC I would. I'M just saying.:cheers

Hey Butch....You're 500 miles from thompson. If you make it in 6 hours, I sure want to be out of your way !!!!!!!!:D

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
BET I PISS OF A BUNCH OF PEOPLE BUT I STILL VOTE FOR KANSAS

look at the reality of things

its a lot closer for central and west coast guys

Thompson was great but not for all the people that do not live on the east coast

all the east coast guys have it made ( for thompson )
driving maybe 3-6 hours

try driving 36 hours

anyway just my opinion and I know I will hear from all the rest of the members that will tell me where to get off and how to do it

roger

Roger: I was checking distances and your 1800 miles from Thompson...........LONG HAUL !!!!!!!:coffee:

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Roger, You're not going to piss any one off. I know I wouldn't be able to go to the west coast easily and guys here understand. The important thing is we get together. That's why 2 events wouldn't be bad. It wouldn't be anything that would split us up, just get more of us together. Region Rat