Sounds Like it Time to Choose ??

Where to hold 2010 Shootout

• Total voters

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Don't know if I can make the drive to Thompson again, but then I'm not racing so no loss.
Looks like we're drawing a line along the Misissippi. I'm on the West side.:coffee:

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've been sitting back watching the votes come in....... I was hoping it would be a landslide one way or the other. The way it's going we are going to split the group and have 2 smaller meets instead of one big one...... It will never be as good as having everyone in one place.

Using logic I should be voting for Kansas. If I can drive my Impala it's a full day shorter each way....... but I would rather do the exrta drive to Thompson if it was THE 2010 409 Shootout and everybody was going to be there.......

I really don't want us to end up having two small events....... 40+ 409 cars will cause some excitement...... I'll bet 20 409 cars won't get us into Super Chevy.

Dave

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
X2! Ray is absolutely right Cecil.

Wherever you guys choose, I'll try to get there. My only point was that since you need racers and cars to make the event work, I would not be one, therefor my vote would be pointless. Of course, just like everybody else, I would prefer it to be somewhere short of the 2800 or so miles I drove to get to Thompson.
As far as a west coast get together, ain't likely.:nono1: We're so spread out, it's almost as far to any where out here as it is to the midwest. A nice central location might be Salt Lake City, and that's a 12 hr drive for me and just about anybody except the " I da ho'" boys . Besides, all 7 or 8 of us wouldn't make much of an event.:coffee: