Spackle paint for trunk

Rondecurtins

Well Known Member
Yesterday I posted a thread on the 58-64 chevy forum for spackle paint. I realize I should have posted it on the wanted page.
I need one more can of AC Delco grey and white Spackle paint for the truck of my 62 Impala. The paint code is10-7011.

I understand that it has been discontinued. I would like two cans

Attachments

• IMG_0898.jpeg
    IMG_0898.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 6

bobs409

Administrator
Have you tried searching that part number on ebay or the internet? Might be some old cans up for sale somewhere.

Rondecurtins

Well Known Member
Yes, I have searched Amazon and Ebay. Also talked with a past President of the National Impala Association. There are other Grey and White paints available and I may have to use one of those. Just thought I try looking for the AC Delco one first.

Rondecurtins

Well Known Member
I have been unable to locate either the AC Delco paint or the OER paint code K54198, OER tells me the paint has been on backorder for a very long time. Any ideas for another suitable for my 63 Impala trunk?

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
try the home improvement stores, they sell zolotone and polymyx spray bombs and may hare the color you are looking for...I was a factory applicator back in the day and could have made it for you...very bizzar coating to make...

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Walk into your GM Chevy Dealer parts department. Its where I get my cases. They never have any trouble getting here.

Reactions: 327

blkss64

Well Known Member
There is a product that most body supply companies sell. It is called Zolatone. It is not a water based product like the bomb cans are. The product sold in cans has to have a clear sealant sprayed after the splatter paint is applied. The Zolatone does not need a sealant. I have used it twice and it covers well.