Speedport 7000 EFI Conversion

HemiChallenger71

Well Known Member
Back in the early LS days, a guy I know mounted his coils on the frame/inner fender well of a 4th gen f-body. He made spacers between each coil and stacked them on top of each other. Then ran custom made wires. It sounds hookey-poo but it looked very clean.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Mount them down by the oil pan. Short wires, out of sight, and no exhaust issues.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
With the stock wiring harness, I wonder how much room is available for relocation? I don't mind growing the harness if I need to. Soldering iron and heat shrink tube can go a long way.

Mount them down by the oil pan. Short wires, out of sight, and no exhaust issues.
I'd have to see a picture of this. I'm drawing a blank on picturing this with our Wrat engine. Or in my case, the Frankenstein Wrat.

This will be much easier to look at and mock up once the engine is back in the engine bay and I can lay everything out in front of me. Once I get closer, I'll look at these options and anything else that gets suggested.
Thanks!

Hmm, Frankenstein Wrat, might be a good project name for the '59 :rub

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Is this 409ci or a larger ci stroker? What size injectors are you using?

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Is this 409ci or a larger ci stroker? What size injectors are you using?

Originally the block was a 250 hp 348, cast in '58. It's been punched out to a 431, 4 inch crank and .020 over on the bore. Initially, I wasn't looking for such a long crank, but I couldn't find a forged 3.75 without having it made. So I decided to live with more displacement.

The injectors are 65 lbs/hour. ProCharger was recommending 45/hr and when I talked with Holly about their FAST setup, they suggested the 65's. The more folks I talked to recommended the higher flow because it seems better to slightly under drive/utilize the injectors rather than potentially burn them out by over driving them.