Spokane County Dragstrip

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
I wanted to let those in the Nothwest know that there is a gang of us heading to Spokane County Dragstrip on 4th of July weekend. They are holding their Hot Rod Nationals ('72 and older vehicles) and it should be a great time.

Bucky Austin has signed a 25 year lease with the County to operate the Dragstrip, now a full 1/4 mile. He is putting about 2 mil for a lot of improvements. I've never been there but a group of us that usually race at Woodburn Dragstrip, are heading up to support a great racer and his new venture.

Right now there are two 409's heading up there but what a great chance and place to get a bunch of us W heads together here in the Northwest and even you guys in Canada get your butts down there.

Paul

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Sounds like fun !!!

Paul,

Sounds like a good time alright !!!! We usually do a big show here in Boise on the 4th, but we may think about this instead. Who is bring the 409's ? :)

Bill

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Hey Nuts, I will have my 62 409 and Steve Gregory will have his beautiful 62 409. The rest of the group aren't 409 cars but there is a very fast big block 58 Del Ray, a 63 Impala small block that runs in the 12's and a 62 Belair bubble top big block that is also really quick.

DQ said he would mark his calendar but that's it. It would be nice if Cliff brought his 56 blown 409.

I hope you can gather some 409's and bring them up to Spokane. Why let all the fellows in the heartland have all the fun.:brow

Paul

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Looking at it ?

I only know of one other running 409 in this area, I'll have to talk with him and see if he'd be interested. He's got a 1958 with 409. I think the 62 would enjoy a trip to Spokane for sure.

I'm still looking at attending the 409 shootout in OH, but without the car. Just can't afford to take 15 days off for a trip to OH, towing or driving !!! :cuss

Bill

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey guys, put me on the maybe list........ hopefully my Impala will be ready for the drive by then........ I don't think it'll be ready to race but I'll do my best to be there.

Dave

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Dave, you're on the "maybe list" I hope you can make it. It would be a great opportunity to put faces to names.

Paul

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Paul, it's looking good....... engine/transmission transplant starts next weekend....... disc brakes, 605 box, exhaust, sway bars, shocks & we're on our way.......
I've got 95% of the parts just hopefully everything fits OK.....

Dave

fastfreds

Well Known Member
Hey Nuts, I will have my 62 409 and Steve Gregory will have his beautiful 62 409. The rest of the group aren't 409 cars but there is a very fast big block 58 Del Ray, a 63 Impala small block that runs in the 12's and a 62 Belair bubble top big block that is also really quick.

DQ said he would mark his calendar but that's it. It would be nice if Cliff brought his 56 blown 409.

I hope you can gather some 409's and bring them up to Spokane. Why let all the fellows in the heartland have all the fun.:brow

Paul

Paul, just noticed your post on here. The next time you see Steve Gregory tell him Fred says hello. I haven't talked to him in about 10 years. It's good to hear that he still has his 62. He must have that thing dialed in pretty good by now if he is still racing it. Be good to hear from him.

Fred

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Hi Fred, I'll pass this on to Steve. He isn't much into computers so he's not on this site but I talk to him regularly. He is very consistent with his car he just wishes he could get the driver tuned in better. :roll

Paul