Spray Chrome

62BillT

Well Known Member
When Spray Chrome was first out, that's all we heard about. Of course, I had my doubts and I'm sure there is nothing like real Chrome in comparison, but what happened to it. I very rarely hear about it anymore. As a Chrome Reverse fan, I have 4-14 X 6 Deep Dish Wagon Wheels and I'm thinking of Spray Chrome. Will it hold up?

Thoughts?

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Years ago I looked at having a couple small pieces for my Datsun "spray chromed". The professionally applied stuff was very nice looking and had a very close look to real chrome. I couldn't find much on how well it held up, but the price was almost the same as real chrome. So I didn't see the point in my application. But you can spray chrome anything that gloss black urethane paint would stick to.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I used this to paint my rear fiberglass bumper and it looked like a very high metallic silver so i thought i would clear it and that turned it to a greyish color! If i decide to redo it I’ll have it chrome wrapped. Ronnie use to use chrome paint on all kinds of stuff and just loved it!:dunno

Attachments

• 0AFDCCA5-045A-4753-A6C2-76C41ED0A0D4.jpeg
    0AFDCCA5-045A-4753-A6C2-76C41ED0A0D4.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 23

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When Spray Chrome was first out, that's all we heard about. Of course, I had my doubts and I'm sure there is nothing like real Chrome in comparison, but what happened to it. I very rarely hear about it anymore. As a Chrome Reverse fan, I have 4-14 X 6 Deep Dish Wagon Wheels and I'm thinking of Spray Chrome. Will it hold up?

Thoughts?

Are you talking the professional stuff or DIY?

62BillT

Well Known Member
Are you talking the professional stuff or DIY?

Not sure. Just in the curious stage at this time.

If it's worth doing though, I would be interested in high quality.

But not if it's almost as much as new Chrome Reverse Wheels, which ain't cheap these days.

One thing I don't like about new wheels. I'm not sure if they make Chevrolet only (or GM only) 4 3/4 Bolt Pattern any more.

I don't like the idea of Universal.

I hear of some wheels that fit both Ford and Chevy. Don't like that, lol.

Last edited:

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Try Eastwood they look like they have a really good product!

Last edited:

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
They look nice, but they are those Ford-Chevy ones that I mentioned above. That never made any sense to me. Years ago Chevy Chrome Reverse were Chevy and Ford was Ford. How can they be both?

You're wrong those are single bolt pattern only
They sell for Ford or Chevy but single pattern only