Spring Carlisle......here's what you missed

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
isee-what-you-did-there-also-over-here-funnybeing-com-29839159.png

Junky

Well Known Member
You are all correct... All there were was some junky old parts that I found, and by the end of the week it rained. The only good thing that happened at Carlisle, was that I was able to pawn off a brake booster and master cylinder on a fellow that frequents these forums. He even brought along a friend to carry all the iron that they accumulated. Great meeting you at Carlisle. We will have to do it again in the fall. MVC-001L.JPGMVC-002L.JPG

Junky

Well Known Member
I found that one, and it was someone that I would call a long time Carlisle acquaintance that had it. Now all that I need to find is the 1961-62 dash housing, and I can install it in my car. This is a '63 unit, and all the major parts are physically identical to the 1961-62. Even though it is an open box, it appears that every nut, bolt, screw, washer, etc. is there. I can't wait to install this in my car.MVC-012L.JPGMVC-012L.JPGMVC-013L.JPG

Last edited:

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You are all correct... All there were was some junky old parts that I found, and by the end of the week it rained. The only good thing that happened at Carlisle, was that I was able to pawn off a brake booster and master cylinder on a fellow that frequents these forums. He even brought along a friend to carry all the iron that they accumulated. Great meeting you at Carlisle. We will have to do it again in the fall.
It was nice meeting you too Junky. Thanks for the booster and master cylinder, I still have no idea what it was from or what, if anything I can use it for, glad I could help you out.:D

Junky

Well Known Member
After you walked away, I remembered where I got it, and it was the restoration shop that I use. I believe that it came off of a Pontiac, and possibly a Firebird that they were restoring back to original. When I came home, I looked in the large carton that I pulled it out of, and there was a set of reproduction seat tracks in that box also. I know that this shop is particularly careful about keeping everything together, so that might be the best clue that I can think of. Hope that you can find a use for it, and if not, then pass it on like I did. I left Carlisle with half of what I brought there, and most of that was given away to people that showed some interest in the part. Some I got a dollar for, and many times, it was free. Better to see someone else find a use for it, then to put it into the scrap barrel. The good stuff I did keep, however, Carlisle isn't the same as it was 10 years ago. No crowds, and lots of empty spaces. The only thing that people look for now, are NOS parts, and wall art. All of us older guys are trying to divest and the younger guys have very little interest in keeping anything original as built by Chevrolet.