Stamped Codes For 348?

I am a die hard chevy fan and have had lots of chevys from 283's to 454's and I have had good luck finding the stamped codes and deciphering them but today I tried so hard to find out what my newly aquired 348 had for a stamp...I kind of wonder if it has been changed as the location is real odd to me..What I found is 3 numbers just about off the 'shelf" where all V 8 chevys have them (i think)..there is a little casting that kind of sticks out and is drilled for a grouund cable bolt...this little casting is ground level just like the rest of the shelf...on this little casting I found 015 . then over to the far right of the stamping ledge is just a single 0..
Can anyone tell me anything from my loose discription? Do i need to look for more stampings...This motor is still greasy and still in a 58 chevy wheat truck so I do not have any casting numbers or any other info...I understand that this is not the motor that came in this truck but don't know its origin..
I pln to go back under the hood with better lighting and a magnifyng glass..
Thanks, Steve

348 stamping numbers

I believe my question was confusing so can some of you guys look at the the stamped ledge on you W (just in front of number two cylinder) and tell me what numbers you see, how many numbers, and how they translate.?
I was expecting to see several numbers in a line but i can only find three 0 1 5
and then clear to the right of the ledge a single G....Does this mean anything to any of you?
Thanks,
Steve

thx

I found a real clear G on the pad so that translates to a 1958-60 348 250 HP passenger car...Thanks you very much for the suffix guide ..I will be very handy as a refernce guide....I appreciate haveing knowledgable people to ask these questions to....Steve