Steel City Super Nationals..Salem, OH...June 20-22

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Hello Phil,
Please post per our discussion...........Thank U Phil............Chuck

Attention racers: The 2014 Steel City Super Nationals @ Quaker City Motorsports Park Salem, Oh. is holding their annual meet June 20-22........Group discount rate is $40.00 per car, including two people...........Get a group together & call Brian @ 724- 816-2988
Salem is about 100 miles south of Thompson between Youngstown and Canton. They seem real interested in picking up the 348-409 cars from Thompson. Sounds like their rate is reasonable. Might be too early this year but something in the coming years for our cars in the Northeast part of the country that have come to Thompson. I don't know anything about this track but Chuck does. Maybe Chuck can come in and post more info.

Here is their website. Click on "schedule".
http://quakercitymotorsportspark.com/

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Nice track. Not far off I-76 just in to Ohio from Pennsylvania. Good facilities. I haven't been there since it changed hands (it was for sale a couple years back, I guess it changed hands) but the burn out box was up hill to the starting line.

QC Dragway.jpg

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
It would be a lot nicer to set up a "Display" car area along with the guys who are racing. I don't remember a seperation between spectator and pits sides of the track. Another plus is water runs off well. We wouldn't have the problem of getting trucks and trailers stuck after a rain.

Dual quad 4 speed

Correction:..... It's the STEEL VALLEY Super Nats. ....NOT STEEL CITY....Depending on which way one goes, the shortest distance from Thompson to QC is approx. 62 mi. south of Thompson.......For those interested in makin' the show, Google 2014 Steel Valley Super Nats. & see what you'll be getting for your $..............Allot of BANG for the BUCK at a quality facility.............Let the migration begin as you will be well received & appreciated, but don't wait to long to pull the trigger, as QC is a big place, but it fills up fast during big events like Steel Val..................Dual Quad 4 Spd

Last edited:

Dual quad 4 speed

Thank You Phil...........I've actually been aboard since I got my '62 Bubble about 10 yrs ago. Been flyin' under the radar more as a spectator than as a participant. Getting out of school in '62, I, like many of us, was a witness to the rise & fall of the '09's.........But, in that short amount of time the 409 cars had amassed such a following that their place in automotive history was not to be denied, which explains their popularity to this day..........It's because of loyalist such as yourself, Merle Whited & the others that make up this fine site, that the iconic 409 won't soon be forgotten...............Thanks again................Chuck

Last edited:

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It would be a lot nicer to set up a "Display" car area along with the guys who are racing. I don't remember a seperation between spectator and pits sides of the track. Another plus is water runs off well. We wouldn't have the problem of getting trucks and trailers stuck after a rain.
Dick, Good point with the water runoff there.. If I remember right, most, if not all the roads in the pits are paved, not a lot of dust.. It was a very clean place last time I was there..
Rick

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I looked at the steel vally nats online, sure is a whole lot going on that weekend, do they sepperate the car stuff from the concert yahoos that couldnt care less about cars?I havent been to thompson but was looking forward to going. Did they do the club wrong? Or salem just a nicer place. Sometimes things get to big and not as fun as they once were.
Steve