Storm in South Australia, you OK Grub?

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Yeah Steve, it was a big one, hope all is well down there Grub.

Looking at it on the news it was covering the whole eastern seaboard and the southern part of the country as well

Must be wet there in places

The Murray river might have water in it again

Steve

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
All OK.

Some places are a bit wet and a couple of spots had mini tornadoes, but nothing we haven't seen before.

The biggest joke is the entire state lost power for a minimum 6 hours, some were out for 3 days.
Our dopey government are hell bent on saving the earth, our population is 1.6M, a piss in the ocean, so they forced wind and solar at the cost of the taxpayer and then forced our major coal power stations out of business, this storm comes along, a 1 in 50 year storm, so it has happened before, takes out a few 275kV pylons, and the state goes out. The Coal stations if they were still going would have had the state back up and running in 10 minutes.

And for all the people that think renewable energy is the future of the world, get a grip, all it does is become unreliable and costly, our standard cost of electricity in SA including supply charges etc is $ 0.37 cents per kilowatt hour.

Most of the weather hit western NSW with the rivers flowing well, nothing like the floods of '56 though.

More importantly, went on a cruise last night and spotted a lovely 60 Impala Sport Coupe, 280HP 348, 4 speed and posi, white car with red interior, black infill on side moulding, apparently came out of a museum collection in Pennsylvania.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Couldn't agree more. Wind, and especially solar, are not a replacement for coal or gas fired power plants. Great supplement, but your case in point is why they're not the answer...

Glad to hear you're ok Grub, glad to hear your Chevys made it too:cool: btw did Michael get that 54 Ford shipped over ok? Does he still have it??

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Hi Kev,

He got the 52 Club Coupe all OK, he has been driving it for some time now.
His older brother gave him a 58 Ford business coupe less engine and trans, which should be on its way back soon, It seems I am using Fords as mules for my W stuff :roll
IMG_1265.jpg IMG_20160814_112846_746.jpg unspecified.jpg

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Hi Lonnie, he is going to put an FE in it, 390, not sure what trans, I donated one of my spare rebuilders so he can cut his teeth on.
The W is a 655 truck engine, I will give this a birthday and put a stroker kit in it. I wonder if the 6 tie down straps will take off :crazy

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Couldn't you find some valve cover screws to hold the valve covers on??????????????????