sunvisors droop

Randy Maurstad

Well Known Member
on a 62 any remedy for sunvisors that continually drop.. I ve tightened them as musch as I can.. should those inserts they sell be used?

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Randy-

I tried the inserts, but they dont fit the 62 visor bracket. Since the visor doesnt move from that point, you might want to try flattening the hole a little with vise grips so it is an oval and will make better contact with the rod, wrapping some tin foil around it or even put some loktite in it and see if that helps at all...

Brian

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
A lot of that going around !!!!

Mine also drop, but they are rotating around the shaft. If you let go of them they fall but the shaft dosen''t turn. If you crab them and put them down the shaft turns. Anyone else having this problem or fixed it already, I'd like the solution.:dunno

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I'm having the same problem as Nuts. I saw an article on this a while back but can't find it now. Does anyone remember if it was in a thread on the board?

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Droop

Hope we can find answer, mine drop as i am driving. Tried already the suggestions......:dunno

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
visors

Why ( SOITENLY) don't want to run over any cow "chips" on those beautiful Texas highways.:cheers :roll

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
count me in on the drooping sun visors but I have slowed them down big time by putting a piece of fuel line (rubber) over the end that clips ( end closest to the mirror) and forcing them into the clip holder.
Robert

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
count me in on the drooping sun visors but I have slowed them down big time by putting a piece of fuel line (rubber) over the end that clips ( end closest to the mirror) and forcing them into the clip holder.
Robert

Robbert, The hardtops don't have the clips.

Mine will drop if I am hardtopen it and the wind is blowing. What has worked for me is to push the visor forward so the front is wedged onto the front headliner windshield trim. It is not the best fix but is does work.

Attachments

• visors.jpg
    visors.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 44

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
oops I am chewing on toes now:roll :roll Foot inserting comes later
Robert
Just call me "convertible guy"

62ImpalaSS

Well Known Member
The guy who owned my 62 before me installed a small square of Velcro on the backside of the visor and stuck the other part of the Velcro tab to the headliner. Not the best solution but it worked and was not visible when the visor was up. Not sure I will do the same when I put the car back together.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Velcro !!!

Well I'm not sure I want to put Velcro on the headliner !!!! I might try some tape around the shaft under the visor, since mine is turning around the shaft not the mount ? Worst thing is I'll have to remove it ??

62ImpalaSS

Well Known Member
I did not say it was the best solution. It is what the previous owner did, but he also covered every surface with red valoure, and I mean every surface every the passanger grab bar. I think I did state that I will not do the same when the car goes back together. Good luck. I know this is a good thread since mine were drouping when I took them out.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ok!

They make new parts for the visors and new visors ready to bolt in. Why not just use a ViseGrip and some Duct tape.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Done That !!!

They make new parts for the visors and new visors ready to bolt in. Why not just use a ViseGrip and some Duct tape.

Models,

I have new mounts and new visors, well they are 5 years old, but they don't stay up and never have. My quess is they were made in China or Mexico where they have different measuring sticks... :roll :dunno