Super-chevy 409 Shoot-out!

desapience

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
These emails below are my own to the ditro of super-Chevy magazine, Mr. Campisano (bottom of page), and his response to me (directly below). I also recevied another email from him today... asking for input on when the shoot-out shoule be held (November, December??).., due to Hurricane Season being active here in Florida until October.

Need some inpute here guys!!! Show some interest!!!

Denis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sir,

My interest certainly isn’t belated. I wasn’t even working on the magazine back in 2005. To me, the 348/409 represents a wonderful chapter (that is still being written) in the Chevrolet performance book. And true, it was sadly neglected by the former editor and staff of this publication. One of my goals is to change all that.

I know well of the Kissimmi show this year; it was the same weekend as Super Chevy in Bradenton.

I do have a photographer in Tampa; it doesn’t sound like you are too far from there. We could hook you up.

If you willing to put that beautiful ‘55 on track and know some like minded W-motor people, we’d be happ(y) to rent Bradenton Motorsports Park for the day. I’ll even fly in myself.

What do you say?

All the best,

Jim Campisano
Editor
Super Chevy Magazine
Primedia
365 W. Passaic Street
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662
jim.campisano@primedia.com

On 8/4/07 5:05 PM, "Dentaldmd@aol.com" <Dentaldmd@aol.com> wrote:

Jim.

I just read on the www.348-409.com <http://www.348-409.com> <http://www.348-409.com/> FORUM that your mag was considering doing some 409 write-ups, or a strip-shoot-out. True?

Personally, I'm left to wonder why the belated interest. You see, my 409 (446 stroker) powered 55 Chevy 2-door post, won best modified tri-5 and best overall tri-5 at your February 2005 -- (CORRECTION 2006) Florida Super Chevy Show, and you guys did not so much as post a picture of my car on your web-site's list of winners, and had no coverage of the event at all in your mag!

Albeit, it was a COLD weekend and the showing was not too deep, but, my same 55-Chevy -- a 7-year old driver, mind you -- again, took 2nd prize (1955 Custom division), and 946 points on the Show & Go, at the 15th Annual CCI Show in Old Town (Kissimmi) Florida this past February 2007! It brought tears to many trailer-queen owners! The competition was VERY deep!

I'm currently making several upgrades, a mix of nostalgic draw-droppers, and modernizing....

Here are pictures of my '55' as it was shown in your February 2006 Show, and also a peek at the upgraded engine being prepared for it now.

Sincerely,

Denis B. Falcon, DMD

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The following is a copy of e-mail I sent to Jim Campisano----5,30,2007....11.55p.m.------------------------- Jim, Sent you an e-mail last fall inquiring about magazine coverage for one of our 348-409 get togethers. You advised that you would be interested in 6 cars to show up at Englishtown at some time. I then referred you to Fred Totten, as he was more familiar with the northeast cars. Fred passed away in November.............. For whatever it is worth,,,,,,, Blue Suede Cruise.....July 27,28,29 at Norwalk, Ohio will be our annual meet for this year. So far 30 cars are committed. Among them,,,, both Wully Bully cars 9.70 and 1020et. Denny Ford ,62 Biscayne- 10.70 et Allen George 62 Impala 10.70 et Barry Taylor 62 Chevy II 9.80 et And many more at 11.00 to 12.00 et... All cars are 409 powered. Thought you might be interested. Thanks from all of us for the latest issue with the Z-11 article. Nice to see a w-head powered car featured again. Thanks, Ronnie Russell .............................. Did not recieve any response.

desapience

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bummer

The following is a copy of e-mail I sent to Jim Campisano----5,30,2007....11.55p.m.------------------------- Jim, Sent you an e-mail last fall inquiring about magazine coverage for one of our 348-409 get togethers. You advised that you would be interested in 6 cars to show up at Englishtown at some time. I then referred you to Fred Totten, as he was more familiar with the northeast cars. Fred passed away in November.............. For whatever it is worth,,,,,,, Blue Suede Cruise.....July 27,28,29 at Norwalk, Ohio will be our annual meet for this year. So far 30 cars are committed. Among them,,,, both Wully Bully cars 9.70 and 1020et. Denny Ford ,62 Biscayne- 10.70 et Allen George 62 Impala 10.70 et Barry Taylor 62 Chevy II 9.80 et And many more at 11.00 to 12.00 et... All cars are 409 powered. Thought you might be interested. Thanks from all of us for the latest issue with the Z-11 article. Nice to see a w-head powered car featured again. Thanks, Ronnie Russell .............................. Did not recieve any response.

Ronnie,

Well, I guess a man's words and his actions still may not mean much these days.

I'm still planning to take him up on his offer for a photo-shoot of my
'55', and see what happens from that....the man may need an epiphany.

Denis

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
We are the guys supplying the cars, as far as I am concerned he can come to a place where we are, not the other way around. I go to a track for the fun of it, the competition and to see my friends. If our cars get in a national mag,, "great". I am not going to trailer my car to FLA unless there is a bonified competition. Sure wouldn't want to shove a 409 car down any ones throat !