Super Stock Track Record Holder 63-409 Ss

TONY0707

Well Known Member
Hi I Am Tony Lentini-i Owned A New 1963 Chevy Super Sport Hardtop-409-425 H/p Dual Quads -4 Speed Posi Rear --back In The Day-i Held The Track Record At Islip Speedway In New York For Four Years Until The Track Closed There-i Do Not Have A 409 Now-but I Am Sure I Know How To Make This Car Run-with A Good Deal Of Work In Suspension And And Engine Tunning Tricks-i Did All The Work Myself-it Has Been A While But I Am Sure I Can Pass On Some Hands On Experiences That Will Help Many 409 Owners Cars Run Stronger Than Ever Before-that Is Why I Am Here-and Hope To Be Of Much Help In The Future Regards---tony

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Welcome, Tony.:clap Glad you found our Nut House.:clap Any info you have, will be welcomed.:brow Alot of us are having problems with wheel hop.:eek:

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Tony:beerbang Sounds like you have a lot of good info bottled up there. Look forward to hearing some stories. Hey Tony when did you race at Islip. Althouh I did most of my racing at National I went to Islip a couple of times to:cheers Ken

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Tony, My name is Jud and I am a fello Long Islander. Be carefull If you spend to much time here youll wind up driving another 409 car. We love to read stories from the old days here and pictures go a long way.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Welcome. Please share any info you can. Us youngins need all the help we can get!

LongIsland63SS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tony,

Welcome. Tell us more about the LI dragstrips. :)

Too young for Islip and National. (just missed it)

Miss going to Westhampton since it closed.

Your car might be in the LI video or people you know.

Mike

TONY0707

Well Known Member
Hello Guys

Hi Left A Lot Of Info On Other Threads Of This Web Site- About Suspension And Engine Stuff--did Not Realize I Should Return To My Introduction Thread To Reply To The Fellows Who Posted Here- Thank You For The Kind Welcome And Hope Some Of My Tips Will Be Of Help To Some Regards Tony Lentini