Super Turbo Thrust Prime rib

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Any of you guys keep PRs? My PR is a 51 oz steak at the Trail Dust in Dallas + a bunch of jalapeno poppers. That was then, 2 lbs is probably my limit today.

Greens are overrated, I agree.

Boy ,,, you Texas guys have nothing on us Oregun dudes !!!:roll

Sayler`s Old Country Kitchen here has a 72oz Top Sirloin !!!:eek:

But my favorite is the 40 oz PorterHouse !!!:brow

http://www.saylers.com/dinner.htm

OK, I've been reading these posts... and I'M STARVING:takethat

This isn't a "Super turbo thrust meal"...

but it really IS a "Hayes Burger":deal :beerbang :beerbang
This was a at a long time truck stop in Hope, BC, late last September ( 2006 ).
Now look at the menu. There's more here than at a glance. You'll see Kenworth, Mack, White.... no Peterbilt:deal
Peterbilt bought Hayes in the early 70's, then closed the "Hayes Manufacturing" plant in Vancouver, BC, and put 355 employees out of work in 1975.:evil

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
sorry Aubrey

......... and now Mack is owned by Volvo.........
White was bought by GM........ then sold to Volvo......... then closed
Mercedes bought Freightliner......... which bought Western Star & closed the plant........ and bought Sterling (that bought & closed Ford Trucks)........ and bought Detroit Diesel..........

We now have only three.........

1) Paccar... owns Peterbilt & Kenworth...... the only North American trucks left
...................... North American power...........Cat or Cummins :beerbang

2) Mercedes....... owns Freightliner, Western Star, Sterling, Detroit Diesel
...................... Pushing there own European engine, Detroit will come to an end.

3) Volvo..... owns Volvo & Mack
............. Pushing there own European engine..........

Taking customers to tour the Peterbilt factory............ I had the best steak ever at the Trail Dust........ and one of the group had the 50 + oz (whatever it was.... looked like half a Texan cow) and ate the whole thing !!!!!

Dave

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Here it is,,, 72 oz,,,,,,4 1/2 lb steak !!!:doh

Attachments

• Resize of big steak072.jpg
    Resize of big steak072.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 33

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
that's gonna be hard to top. I've eaten with some other big eaters and I've never seen anything like that, short of maybe a 300-400 lb guy ordering up 2 complete meals.

Oh, that's great, Dave:rolleyes: ...
it gets worse:doh :cuss

Sad to see White disappear. They go WAY back... one of the pioneers.

DQ.... that "steak" is ridiculous:scratch ;)

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Here it is,,, 72 oz,,,,,,4 1/2 lb steak !!!:doh

That's not a steak, that's a roast!

Quit talking about food, I'm trying to lose weight (again, still, all my life).

Back in 1970, I was ferrying a C-123 from overhaul back to Guam and we had to land in Dodge City, Kansas due to a snowstorm. It was a small town airport and some of the locals saw the strange big airplane and showed up to see what what the hubbub was about. One of the guys was a prominent businessman or rancher and took the whole crew to a private club called the Cattlemens Club, as I recall, where we were treated to a fabulous free steak dinner. The steak had to be at least 2 or 3 lbs and it overhung the huge platter it was served on. It was a memorable evening and a meal I'll never forget as well as the local hospitality. Phil is probably a member of that club.:brow
:roll

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Dq: Did your hair fall out, while you were eating that steak?:roll :roll They were a little cheap on the french fries, don't you think. Skip:rolleyes:

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Fudruckers on Fat Tuesday

Every Fat Tuesday, Fudruckers has a 5 lb burger for $20.00. Free if you eat it with the bun in 1 Hr. This year the store by me made 24 of them and 8 people managed to eat it all in under an hour. One disqualification in the 8 who tossed it all back up. The bun looks like a catchers mit.

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Am I the only one on this site who has had quadruple bypass surgery. Let me tell you it ain't no fun. I love all that red meat and fried food but it does do you in over time. Eat up but keep your insurance up to date. :p Roy

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am amazed that anyplace would prepare a steak of that size - 72 oz. But I did notice that while DQ and Jim SS mentioned these establishments, neither actually claimed to have eaten one of these things...or did I miss that part somewhere?
No I haven`t,,, but I eat the 40oz Porterhouse on a regular bases !!!

I bet I could eat that cow though !!!:D

Same deal, You have one hour to eat it and it`s free !!
Plus,,, you have to eat all the trimings too,, salad, potato,and vegies,,,,
I`ll check next time I`m in there and let you know how many times it`s been done.:deal