Sydney Australia Nostalgia Drags.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I thought some of you guys might be interested.
Tomorrow is the Sydney Nostalgia Drags. If the rain stays away it will be one of the best Nostalgia Drag meetings Australia has had to offer. I'm in the American Muscle bracket and if I play my cards right should have a good shot at the trophy. :brow

Thankyou to all you older guys for sharing your knowledge and experience with these 348 and 409 cars.:beerbang The stories you tell and little tricks up your sleeves is truly inspirational. I'm very proud and privileged to race a 409 powered car. :bow

I've added the entry list and a link to our 1/4 mile strip. :D

www.wsid.com.au/includes/General/entrylist.pdf
www.wsid.com.au

Check it out.

Carl.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Good Luck Carl ..... Elise any relation to you?? sister.....wife?
robert

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Carl

Hope you don't mind me re-posting some of the pics you've posted some time ago. Some new members or guests...or those that missed the original threads may want to have a look at what the competition is up against. :beerbang

Ron

Attachments

• forum%204.jpg
    forum%204.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 84
  • forum%202.jpg
    forum%202.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 76
  • A+.jpg
    A+.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 99

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Rain

Thanks guys, we had an awesome time while it lasted. Managed a couple of qualifiers before rain stopped play.:cry My best was an 11.685 @ 115.98mph which would have placed us well in the field.
Apparently the event has been postponed:brow ............can't wait.

Sorry Robert, I don't have any relo's named Elise.

Carl.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sydney rerun this Sunday 6/7/08.

Sydney Nostalgia Drags Rerun. To say I'm excited is an understatement, It will be an awesome day :D :beerbang
Carl.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Carl,
Post pics, take movies. It's a bit to far to stop by for the day but I would love to be there.
:clap

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Have fun!

Carl:

Good times!

Have fun Sunday at the rerun :).

Having a video would be pretty special!

Cheers!
TomK

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Guys, was having a great day, all was looking good until rain..............well, more like a very light drizzle stopped play AGAIN :mad:. It came in from the mountains and just hung around like a bad smell :cry.
Earlier we got two qualifiers in and I went through to the second round. My best pass was an 11.53 @ 117mph :D. I don't think we'll see a rerun of a rerun :grumble:

Here is a couple of pix from the day from an excellent local photographer.

http://dragster.com.au/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16507&forum=4

Video could be on the cards:brow
Carl.

Attachments

• DSC_1557.jpg
    DSC_1557.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 50

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Carl: Thanks for the link. A great collection of race cars you have:bow:bow Send more pictures as they become available. Your 62 is looking great!!!!
robert

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Those really are great photo's. The blurry background really captures the sense of speed. There's a lot of nice cars there too. I hope the weather co-operates next time.