T-10 date question..

815moto

I have a question about the date of a t-10. If a t-10 has a build date of aug 61-sept would it be considered correct for use in a late 61 built 62 bubble top? Even though its a t-10 1b with cast iron case?? Case is stamped h-14-1, others parts are september dates on the trans.

The Runaway

Well Known Member
I have a question about the date of a t-10. If a t-10 has a build date of aug 61-sept would it be considered correct for use in a late 61 built 62 bubble top? Even though its a t-10 1b with cast iron case?? Case is stamped h-14-1, others parts are september dates on the trans.
Not unusual at all to have different dates on different components. I have an original 61 t10 4 speed and the dates on the case,tail shaft and side cover are all a tad different.

The Runaway

Well Known Member
Here's they trans in question. Now that I know it's not the right one how much is it worth?

[/URL

Classic Industries has a T10-1B listed in their catalog for $2294.95,remanufactured with a 90 day warranty. The transmission you need is a T10-1D with is considerably cheaper at $1324.99,remanufactured with a 90 day warranty also. As far as to what to ask I guess the best answer would be whatever the traffic will bear.It all depends on who needs it for a numbers matching restoration. Numbers matching restorations are getting too pricey for most people today unless you already have the correct parts and that they are serviceable and or restorable. The best of luck with your project.