T-10 Oil leak

Randy Maurstad

Well Known Member
Maybe someone can give me some ideas.... I have a T10 oil leak I cant solve, Doesnt leak external, leak internal. after I stop and park for a while/over night i get oil out of the flywheel cover drain oil, actually a big oil leak. I had the trans out, had a guy go through it, the front retainer spiral groove was all but gone, so that was it, new retainer. Checked the counterbalance shaft to case fit, said it was good...Leaks the same way.Flywheel cover has oil film all inside. The guy that rebuilt it, said I have "a service case"... some ideas?..is oil being forced out the retainer?.. is there a breather?...how about mismatched parts... The main case says T10 1-C and tailshaft says T10 7D.. Thought all T10 parts were interchangeable, can you have mis matched parts... Thanks...

jr.W

Well Known Member
I have a st-10 and I think it has a vent. The guy that does transmissions for me
puts silicone on the front of the counter shaft. If I remember correctly isn't there
a oil return in the bearing retainer that has to be clocked right? Also some of the
retainer bolts go thru into the case, maybe they need silicone?

jr.W

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
It vents through the front bearing retainer drain. Make sure it's not over filled.:)

Randy Maurstad

Well Known Member
fill level

I saw a post earlier about different fill levels.. anyone know if mine should be to the the fill plug or below, my fill is right side on an oval boss...

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
leak

Randy, i thought we had addressed that problem, I will look through my library on our e-mails from before. Mike:)

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
found it

Randy, found the mails back in 07. If you want you can e-mail me. Mike:)