Talked to Robert Street today

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Robert contacted me today and wanted to know what I had been up to. I have been in the hospital and working on my HAMB dragster. Had a arrithmia heart problem and got better and fired up the dragster May 7th at 11:45 pm. Raced it on May 9th. This is the greatest kind of racing. Heads up no delay or brackets just go. You must have and engine of 1962 or earlier and it must be an inline six flathead V-8 or inline eight. You feel like you are going 200mph but you're only going 110 or so. The rules are strict so money doesn't help. I still have a 348 tripower engine which I hope to put in a car someday but right now I'm having a lot of fun. You'll nothice that the dragster is a tripower [3 rochester 2 jets.] This is one way of having fun if you can't afford the big bucks. I lost my password to get back on this site for a while but Bob finally fixed that for me. :)Roy

Attachments

• 05_21_0.jpg
    05_21_0.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 88

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Roy - Great to know that everything is going good now!!! The Dragster looks and sounds like a heck of alot of fun!!!

TomO

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Roy........as a long standing member......you know that the Forum By-Laws require that YOU check in once a week with us!!! That way you can keep keep us all in line!!!!

Your car looks like a load of fun to drive!!!! Do you go over to Mo-Kan???? Take some "action" pictures and post them for us!!

Glad to hear you are OK.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome back!

Roy:

Glad to hear that you are doing well, and that the new hotrod is up and running strong. I'm guessing you are going to MO-Kan? We were at KCIR last weekend (I was only able to make it on Sunday) for the "Cowtown" Nostalgia Hot Rod event. Let us know when you will be running next an maybe we can make it down there. My buddies just love the MO-Kan venue.

Stay in touch, we like hearing of your exploits!

TomK

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Roy, cool HAMBster:beerbang. Whats the drive train in that thing? Have you gotten to know any of the Aussie guys and their cars yet? The HAMBsters are a pretty big seen down here. :cheers
Carl.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Roy, Glad to hear from you and that you are feeling well enough to pilot the dragster. Fine looking car. Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming races. Just because you moved up to the dragster ranks doesn't mean you can't check in with us every now and then. kick some butt....... :beerbang

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
IMG]http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1809/8049711/15101844/318388310.jpg[/IMG]
318388308.jpg
These Old Farts just completed this 50's style sling shot, 40 Old Fart Racing Team members threw a hundred dollar bill into a hat to get this project started several years back, Wayne's Engine donated a stroker motor when the time came, and many a beer has been hoisted during the long building process. It will be shown for the next year at So. Cal. events to let todays youth get a look at the 50's drag racing equipment.
318388313.jpg
318388307.jpg
[

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'll try to post a few pictures and answer some questions. Chevy Taylor we converse all the time with the guys from Oz-Trail-Ya. There are I believe 15 HAMB dragsters with more being built in the land down under. And The HAMB Nationals are going to be at MO-KAN August 23, 2008. The first picture is of me pulling up to the starting line at Tulsa on May the 9th. Against Bob Hindman in the Hornet. The cars must run on pump gas. I'm running a 270 GMC from a 54 pickup but I'm building a 302 4" stroke with a 4 1/8" bore=320 cu.in. 12 to 1 compression, Hudson rods 8.2 in. long:eek: with an Isky cam. Crane springs and small block Chevy valves. Getting race parts for these engines is almost impossible. Been waitng on pistons for 3 months and still haven't got them. I know this is a non W project but it is lots of fun.:DRoy

Attachments

• 05_18_0.JPEG
    05_18_0.JPEG
    68.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 05_23_0.JPEG
    05_23_0.JPEG
    69.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 05_23_1.JPEG
    05_23_1.JPEG
    73.6 KB · Views: 23