Thanks Bob for the welcome!

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I have been reading some messages for better than a year and decided to jump in and be a part of this group. I am a 61 Chev nut and have a pair at this time-- a Brookwood wagon and a imp bubbletop. The bubble is a survivor car with one repaint and is really in good condition---the original 283 and glide are still there but VERY tired. I brought home my new 348 in the fall but have been busy with suspension on the wagon before tearing into the hardtop. Phil Reed is a acquaintance that 1st put me on to the idea of a stroked motor. Soooo, located a 427 crank and a .040 overbore later I have a 410 cu.in. 348. I will try to enclose a couple pics. Thanks again for the welcome, Dean

Attachments

• DCP_4746.jpg
    DCP_4746.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 80
  • done 002.jpg
    done 002.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 93

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Very Nice car, and engine Dean. And, Welcome Aboard. clap, clap, clap

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Dean, I repeat what Skip said,,, nice car , nice engine. Phil's advice is always good. :) :)

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome!

Hey, Dean, welcome aboard!

I am also a big fan of the 1961s and the 1962s. You just gotta love those bubbletops!

We're not that far apart, I'm in mid-Missouri (Columbia) and get over to the KC area once in a while. There are a number of events coming up in the summer, we should try to connect up if possible.

Good luck with that new 348, looks real good :). Which heads are you running?

Cheers!
TomK

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site Dean.:beerbang
The Moon air cleaner and valve covers look terrific.:beerbang
That engine will look real fine in either of your 61's

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
Good to see you on here. Car and engine are awsome. I think I might have posted up your headflow on another post. I was at dean s. To flow a 379 and he showed another 348 head he had just done latley. Was that yours? Let us in on some more info on that thing.

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Stroked 348

yes those were my heads that Dean S flowed and he picked the size valves he thought would work best -- improved the intake flow better than 20% and the exhaust a lesser amount with pocket porting. The flow numbers were then sent to Dimitri Elgin to custom make me a cam for "street" use. the motor has Ross forged pistons and scorpion roller rockers. Hope to have a good running street motor backed by a 200 R trans and I ha:p ve a new eaton posi installed in 58-64 pumkin.

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome Dean!!! Dean S and Steve D is a great team to have desgined and built your enigine - I have heard bits and peices about it from each. Your 61 is awsome to say the least.

TomO

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Dean!! Great bunch of guys here with more information than you will ever find anywhere else!!

Welcome to the zoo!!!